• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Agreed. You can disagree that 5-7 deserve to go to bowl games, but as long as they are, Wake might as well be one of them. There is no reason to handicap ourselves because of some misplaced sense of moral superiority.

Yeah, we’d have to take advantage of the opportunity, if them the rules.

Things that would help our prospects to get one of the better bowls (besides winning more games):

*ACC team makes the CFP (pretty obvious)
*Notre Dame makes a New Year's Six Bowl/the CFP (seems highly likely at this point. But if they don't they fall into the ACC's bowl process and bump Wake further down the line. Also would be better if someone besides the Orange Bowl picks ND)
*Georgia and Alabama both make the CFP (opens the door for the Orange Bowl to pick a Big Ten team, which creates a spot in the Cap One Bowl for an ACC team)

Or in other words, it'd be fantastic if the rankings stayed exactly as they are now

I am still salty about Norte Dame getting an ACC bowl without being a full member. I think they should be 100% committed or not get an ACC bowl game.

I am still salty about Norte Dame getting an ACC bowl without being a full member. I think they should be 100% committed or not get an ACC bowl game.

This is exactly why I hope ND is in the playoff until the last weekend. Once the conference championship games are played I hope they get bumped out because of the extra win from one of the conference champions. This will help to force ND's hand into joining fully. If they can make it to the playoff without conference ties, they'll never join fully.

This is exactly why I hope ND is in the playoff until the last weekend. Once the conference championship games are played I hope they get bumped out because of the extra win from one of the conference champions. This will help to force ND's hand into joining fully. If they can make it to the playoff without conference ties, they'll never join fully.

ND in a playoff means they beat us. which would you rather?

5-6 teams won't automatically be bowl eligible (have to be .500) but I imagine they'd get consideration before 5-7 teams by virtue of a better record. Then again, NCAA may just group all five win teams together.

Seattle Bowl was awesome. Blew the doors of a heavily favored Oregon team that I think was ranked for most of the season but unraveled late in the year. One of the most enjoyable WF football games I've seen.

Also the UW fans were jacked up for the Deacs, just as a way to shit on Oregon.

Okay, so tomorrow night we'll know where we stand in the bowl selection process after the ND game.

Also the UW fans were jacked up for the Deacs, just as a way to shit on Oregon.

It was pretty amazing to have the bowl hometown fans pretty much all pulling for Wake. Even if they were wearing purple, and didn't have a clue as to what a Deacon was.

I’m hoping for a military bowl against Navy. But that’s because my dad is an Academy grad and my folks have a place 5 mins from the stadium (where I️ tailgated today).

Back