• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

You think Clemson knocking off an unbeaten Miami in the ACCCG would make that a possibility? That would be quite a turnabout for the committee, who was refusing to even acknowledge Miami's unbeaten record with a decent ranking only 2 weeks ago.

What does 2 weeks ago have to do with it? Miami hadn't dominated VT and ND two weeks ago. I would be shocked it Miami is not in the top 4 this coming week. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami, Washington, Wiscy

Oops - just realized that Washington lost last night to Stanford. More proof that the east coast doesn't pay attention to the west coast games. Sample size of 1.

Last edited:
What does 2 weeks ago have to do with it? Miami hadn't dominated VT and ND two weeks ago. I would be shocked it Miami is not in the top 4 this coming week. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Miami, Washington, Wiscy

Clemson and Miami also get one more chance a quality win before playing each other.

Oh, I realize a lot has changed in those two weeks, and they were sort of getting shafted with that ranking in late October. Just think it would be quite the pill for the committee to have to swallow after everyone was salivating at the possibility of 2 SEC teams for the past month (and I would love it).

Still a LONG way from it happening, but you would've got long odds on the ACC being the first conference with 2 teams in when the CFP began

Pinstripe Bowl Pinstripe Bowl Pinstripe Bowl. Deacs in the Bronx!

If we get the Pinstripe Bowl there will be a party for all board members at my house, which believe it or not only about 5 miles north of Yankee Stadium in beautiful Westchester County, NY. Invitations to follow, but I'll be serving more than one glass of the finest for all who care to visit.

If 'Bama runs the table, they'll be the #1 seed. If Clemson (ACC champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 champ), Wisc (B1G champ). I think Miami's only chance, if they lose the ACCCG, is for Wisconsin to lose twice. I can't see a 1 lose team beating out a 1 lose conference champ. Now, if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl........

Wisconsin would likely get the nod at 12-1 with a conference championship in tow (though not a guarantee). But if they wind up the season 12-1, it's more likely that'll come without a conference championship

If 'Bama runs the table, they'll be the #1 seed. If Clemson (ACC champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 champ), Wisc (B1G champ). I think Miami's only chance, if they lose the ACCCG, is for Wisconsin to lose twice. I can't see a 1 lose team beating out a 1 lose conference champ. Now, if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl........

Who do you think gets in: a previously unbeaten Miami team that loses a close game to Clemson versus a previously unbeaten Wisconsin team that gets smoked by a two loss Penn St/Ohio ST/Mich/whoever? Or even if Wiscy loses a close Big 10 game?

If we get the Pinstripe Bowl there will be a party for all board members at my house, which believe it or not only about 5 miles north of Yankee Stadium in beautiful Westchester County, NY. Invitations to follow, but I'll be serving more than one glass of the finest for all who care to visit.

In

What wood should we expect from the cabinets?

Seattle Bowl was awesome. Blew the doors of a heavily favored Oregon team that I think was ranked for most of the season but unraveled late in the year. One of the most enjoyable WF football games I've seen.

Funny how we've beaten Oregon twice in two of our bowl game wins. Wasn't it called the Emerald Bowl at that point or am I dreaming that?

Nah, that was the bowl at the SF Giants ballpark

Just looked at the Big Ten standings. It is crazy how imbalanced those two divisions are.

Who do you think gets in: a previously unbeaten Miami team that loses a close game to Clemson versus a previously unbeaten Wisconsin team that gets smoked by a two loss Penn St/Ohio ST/Mich/whoever? Or even if Wiscy loses a close Big 10 game?

I think that the only CCG loser to get in would be a 1 lose Alabama. Then it's them and UGa , plus two others. Miami and Wisc. have weak schedules, and Miami would have only 11 games played. Does a 2 lose ND get in over a 2 lose B1G or Big 12 champion? This is going to be a fun week on the sport talk shows.

So ND would be ahead of Miami? And Miami will play 12 games if they play in the ACCCG.

That post didn't really make any sense

Yes, they cancelled one regular season game. But if Miami with one loss, doesn't make it, will they play ND in the Orange Bowl? Georgia? USC?

Last edited:
Justice may be served... the fans of UGA are among the most annoying anywhere. Every year is their year to crown themselves National Champs 7 or 8 weeks into the season. I remember writing a volumn about two 5-0 teams with near identical stats and strength of schedule. One was unranked, Wake, the other GA, #5. They live on the reputation of handing off to Herschel Walker and a NCAA championship from nearly 35 years ago

Well, GA signature win against ND is now tarnished and the beat down by Auburn hard to overcome.

The justice is they fired a damn good coach because he didn't win a Natty... Wouldn't it be sweet justice for him to be in the top four with a shot at the prize with Miami?!

Last edited:
Saw today that a few writers projected us in the Bell Bowl vs South Carolina or Kentucky.
Sounds good to me.

Justice may be served... the fans of UGA are among the most annoying anywhere. Every year is their year to crown themselves National Champs 7 or 8 weeks into the season. I remember writing a volumn about two 5-0 teams with near identical stats and strength of schedule. One was unranked, Wake, the other GA, #5. They live on the reputation of handing off to Herschel Walker and a NCAA championship from nearly 35 years ago

Well, GA signature win against ND is now tarnished and the beat down by Auburn hard to overcome.

The justice is they fired a damn good coach because he didn't win a Natty... Wouldn't it be sweet justice for him to be in the top four with a shot at the prize with Miami?!

UGA can overcome the Auburn loss. In fact you can argue that that loss really means nothing. They have KY and GA Tech left, games they should win. Then it all comes down to the SECCG, which will be against Auburn or Al. Win and they‘re in. If it‘s Auburn, I can‘t see Auburn having such an easy time with them a second time on a neutral field.

Back