• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

I think I'll be rooting for Duke, as tough as that is. I'd like for them to come to WS needing a win to go bowling, and get blown out.

If Duke gets to 5 wins, it's pretty close to a lock they go bowling due to their high APR scores.

That's exactly how we should reward our team fora good season - with a trip to Charlotte. Ugh.

Any chance we go to Nashville or Jacksonville?

I'm always amazed at the selfishness of the posters on here wishing for games convenient to them, when I'm sure the team would like the most exotic or different venue they could have. Those West Coast games we've had had to have been a treat for the team.

I'm always amazed at the selfishness of the posters on here wishing for games convenient to them, when I'm sure the team would like the most exotic or different venue they could have. Those West Coast games we've had had to have been a treat for the team.

I'm sure the bowls are a good time regardless of the location.

Could see it both ways. When they travel to a Miami or a San Francisco it's not like they can go out bar hopping, and the atmosphere when we played UCONN at Panthers Stadium in front of around 50K mostly black & gold was pretty neat for the fans; I would think the players as well. The date of the game is probably of significance to the players as well: if it ain't a high-profile game like the Orange Bowl or a destination like California or The Bahamas, they might prefer a game before Christmas so they can get a break during the holidays.
But nice "problem" to have for sure.

After Annapolis last year an overnight trip to Charlotte is a big step up.

Could see it both ways. When they travel to a Miami or a San Francisco it's not like they can go out bar hopping, and the atmosphere when we played UCONN at Panthers Stadium in front of around 50K mostly black & gold was pretty neat for the fans; I would think the players as well. The date of the game is probably of significance to the players as well: if it ain't a high-profile game like the Orange Bowl or a destination like California or The Bahamas, they might prefer a game before Christmas so they can get a break during the holidays.
But nice "problem" to have for sure.

All the ACC tie-in bowl games are after Christmas. The earliest is Detroit on the 26th.

Having to go to Jacksonville, for any reason, is not a reward

Yes, but at least it is a couple of days away from campus rather than a couple of hours away from campus. And I don't see us getting selected by the Peach, Fiesta, Citrus, Cotton or Camping World bowls. (Though one of those bowls would be great.)

Yes, but at least it is a couple of days away from campus rather than a couple of hours away from campus. And I don't see us getting selected by the Peach, Fiesta, Citrus, Cotton or Camping World bowls. (Though one of those bowls would be great.)

SCOOOOOOOP. No New Years 6 bowl for the Deacs this year. :(

I haven't cared about the ACC bowl selection process since 2008 (since we have been in no position to quibble since then) and I'm sure the rules have changed

what are the rules regarding who gets a Tier 1 bowl?

if we win out to go 5-3/8-4 can we be jumped for a "Tier 1" ACC bowl by, for example, 4-4 VT and 4-4 UVA?

It amazes you people hope Wake plays in a bowl game near their home so it is easier for them to go to the game?

OK, so I can't find anything online regarding if a 6-6 team is now able to jump a 7-5 team in terms of the bowl pecking order. I have confirmed that a team can't jump a team with two less losses, so if we win out and get to 8-4, we definitely cannot miss out on a tier 1 bowl.

Anyone with any insight into whether the 7-5 vs 6-6 rule is still in effect? Hopefully, it is.

6-6 can def be picked ahead of 7-5.

It isn't really realistic but just realized we have the slightest of shots at the Orange Bowl. Would require Miami and Clemson both making the playoff and us being ranked ahead of both State and VT (and all other ACC teams) in the final CFP rankings. If that happens, we're OB bound once again

Last edited:

It isn't really realistic but just realized we have the slightest of shots at the Orange Bowl. Would require Miami and Clemson both making the playoff and us being ranked ahead of both State and VT (and all other ACC teams) in the final CFP rankings. If that happens, we're OB bound once again

We're taking our talents to South Beach, baby!!

VIBES

I will say, if we beat State I don't think our resume is significantly worse than either VT or State's.

If VT played ND non-conf they'd be 8-4 too

I would laugh and laugh............and then when I was finished, I would laugh some more...............

Back