• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why did Rand Paul's neighbor beat the hell out of him?

It turns out Rand is just that kind of oblivious, libertarian asshole you would imagine. Have you heard the joke about the libertarian buying property in a community with an HOA? Tough words from the local GOP chair:

Skaggs described Boucher as a "near-perfect" neighbor, but he said the libertarian politician is a different story.

Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (home owner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party.

Skaggs noted the 13 pages of regulations are extensive. But even from the start of Paul's residence in Rivergreen, Skaggs said Paul has been difficult to work with.

"The major problem was getting the house plans approved," Skaggs said. "He wanted to actually own the property rights and build any kind of house he wanted. He didn't end up doing that, but it was a struggle."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/07/rand-paul-attack-neighbor-petty-argument-developer/839677001/

100% chance that Complacent Deacs neighbor is cooler than Complacent Deac. Having a Hawks nest in your yard is BA, not his fault your family pet is the size of a hamster.

LOL. yes, much cooler as that is the ultimate objective...be the coolest...like Rand Paul.

It turns out Rand is just that kind of oblivious, libertarian asshole you would imagine. Have you heard the joke about the libertarian buying property in a community with an HOA? Tough words from the local GOP chair:

Skaggs described Boucher as a "near-perfect" neighbor, but he said the libertarian politician is a different story.

Paul "was probably the hardest person to encourage to follow the (home owner's association regulations) of anyone out here because he has a strong belief in property rights," said Skaggs, who is the former chairman of the Warren County Republican Party.

Skaggs noted the 13 pages of regulations are extensive. But even from the start of Paul's residence in Rivergreen, Skaggs said Paul has been difficult to work with.

"The major problem was getting the house plans approved," Skaggs said. "He wanted to actually own the property rights and build any kind of house he wanted. He didn't end up doing that, but it was a struggle."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/07/rand-paul-attack-neighbor-petty-argument-developer/839677001/

lol, i would never live anywhere there is a HOA, so i am with Rand on this.

if i want pink flamingos in my yard i am going to have fucking pink flamingos in the yard...fuck all you people, it is my mortgage. i will not conform to your weak ass BS.

if i want pink flamingos in my yard i am going to have fucking pink flamingos in the yard...fuck all you people, it is my mortgage. i will not conform to your weak ass BS.

Then maybe Rand should have bought a house somewhere else? It isn't like there is a lack of available land in the US.

people don't trim their neighbor's overgrown plants on their side of the property line?

agree on HOA's.

and I have pink flamingos in my yard! (old family joke, in the back out of neighbors' site)

yeah HOAs suck, but there are plenty of nice places to live that don't have HOAs. Well at least in established cities with cool old neighborhoods that were built before WWII.

So HOA's are evil in the eyes of the Tunnels Left, however, an over bloated federal government telling individuals and states what is (or is not) permitted is perfectly acceptable?

Perhaps I need to start reading Huff Po more frequently to better understand this contradiction.

I bet Braaadddd is a fucking blast at HOA meetings. Probably even on the ARC committee. Quite the powerful man around the neighborhood.

So HOA's are evil in the eyes of the Tunnels Left, however, an over bloated federal government telling individuals and states what is (or is not) permitted is perfectly acceptable?

Perhaps I need to start reading Huff Po more frequently to better understand this contradiction.

lol YOU GOT US! WE ARE HYPOCRITES!

no seriously, let's debate the the things liberals want the government to "tell individuals what they can or can not do" as compared to the things the GOP wants to, or that an HOA wants to. This should be good.

lol YOU GOT US! WE ARE HYPOCRITE

no seriously, let's debate the the things liberals want the government to "tell individuals what they can or can not do" as compared to the things the GOP wants to, or that an HOA wants to. This should be good.

I will agree in general, but Rand is the most libertarian senator in congress. So he might be the GOP exemption. Also HOA can GTFO, one main requirement for me when I bought my first house was that it was not part of a HOA. That's why i crushed that Ardmore lyfe.

Everyone hates on HOA's until they have a neighbor parking a car on cinder blocks in the drive way year round and letting their grass grow until it looks like a foreclosed property.

Everyone hates on HOA's until they have a neighbor parking a car on cinder blocks in the drive way year round and letting their grass grow until it looks like a foreclosed property.

That's why you don't live amongst the #poors.

HOA BS encouraged me to get a pressure washer so I'm grateful.

Brad, we are getting a laugh that a libertarian would subject himself to an HOA. And now we are laughing at you for not getting it.

But he chose to live there. If he or you chose to live there, you don't have the right to have pink flamingos on your property.

He'd be right in the country or anywhere without an HOA or city rules.

HOA BS encouraged me to get a pressure washer so I'm grateful.

Brad, we are getting a laugh that a libertarian would subject himself to an HOA. And now we are laughing at you for not getting it.

brad is such an idiot

Back