• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why did Rand Paul's neighbor beat the hell out of him?

Let’s see...put up a fence, ask him to stop something (again), or viciously attack my neighbor...?

I know RJ you are pissed off the Rand stood in the way of the drone program trying to prevent to death of innocent civilians, but some people think you have the right to live even if a terrorist moves into your neighborhood.

I have no idea what that means.

It has nothing to do with any "tribal lens". Rand acted like an asshole for YEARS. This wasn't the first time.

Of course, if the neighbor had "stood his ground" he could have shot Rand saying that he feared for his life from the lawnmower.

Yes, they are both assholes, but why did Rand keep doing it?

Best I can tell, this all started in September of 2017 and culminated in the attack in the first week of November. How does that constitute years of being an asshole?

i mean, sometimes you need to pile up a shit ton of debris and it can sit for a while.

i had a 10'x'10x'6 pile of branches, cuttings, leaves etc. for about a month on my property line until i was able to secure a trailer to haul it.

Burn that shit, man.

Best I can tell, this all started in September of 2017 and culminated in the attack in the first week of November. How does that constitute years of being an asshole?

There were news stories last year that seemed to say it wasn't the first time. It was the first time it came to blows, but it was supposedly an ongoing situation.

Just one resident said there was a shouting match between the two 10 fucking years ago over grass clippings that landed on Boucher's yard. The same fellow said "The senator had a pumpkin patch, compost and unraked leaves beneath some of his trees. Goodwin said it annoyed Boucher that Paul did not consistently cut his grass to the same height, and leaves from Paul's trees blew on his property." Others said If Boucher had problems with Paul, several current and former representatives of the homeowner's association said, he had not brought them to the board in recent years.

"Rivergreen residents said Boucher's family had previously had a disagreement with another neighbor over the fate of a tree near the border of their properties. The Bouchers wanted to keep the tree, but the neighbor wanted it removed to clear the way for a house project.

And in 2012, Boucher sued the prospective buyers of his home after they pulled out of a contract, according to court records.

Boucher sued the couple for breach of contract and slander, saying they had spread false stories that Boucher was "untruthful and is engaging in unscrupulous acts" to sell his home."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/intrigue-grows-over-what-sparked-the-attack-on-rand-paul/2017/12/06/3fde5cc0-d312-11e7-95bf-df7c19270879_story.html?utm_term=.94df0040a981

I'd say it's pretty easy to tell who the asshole was in this situation.

Just one resident said there was a shouting match between the two 10 fucking years ago over grass clippings that landed on Boucher's yard. The same fellow said "The senator had a pumpkin patch, compost and unraked leaves beneath some of his trees. Goodwin said it annoyed Boucher that Paul did not consistently cut his grass to the same height, and leaves from Paul's trees blew on his property." Others said If Boucher had problems with Paul, several current and former representatives of the homeowner's association said, he had not brought them to the board in recent years.

"Rivergreen residents said Boucher's family had previously had a disagreement with another neighbor over the fate of a tree near the border of their properties. The Bouchers wanted to keep the tree, but the neighbor wanted it removed to clear the way for a house project.

And in 2012, Boucher sued the prospective buyers of his home after they pulled out of a contract, according to court records.

Boucher sued the couple for breach of contract and slander, saying they had spread false stories that Boucher was "untruthful and is engaging in unscrupulous acts" to sell his home."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/intrigue-grows-over-what-sparked-the-attack-on-rand-paul/2017/12/06/3fde5cc0-d312-11e7-95bf-df7c19270879_story.html?utm_term=.94df0040a981

I'd say it's pretty easy to tell who the asshole was in this situation.

Why are you ignoring I said this , "Yes, they are both assholes"

This recent info seems consistent with the more detailed info from this GQ article, which may have been posted earlier:

https://www.gq.com/story/inside-rand...hborhood-fight

Also at issue, according to Goodwin, is Paul's tendency to mow outward at the edge of his property, spraying his clippings into Boucher's yard. Boucher, he said, has asked Paul to instead mow inward when near the boundary line, and even sought help from the Rivergreen Homeowners Association but has gotten no relief.

Goodwin recalled picking up Boucher, a devout Catholic, at his home after church one Sunday afternoon several years ago. Boucher had confronted Paul about his yard-maintenance practices a few minutes before Goodwin's arrival, to no avail, and Goodwin saw Boucher grow agitated as they both watched Paul blow grass onto his lawn. "I've asked him and I've asked him and I've asked him," Goodwin recalls Boucher fuming. "How long can you sit there taking someone plucking a hair out of your nose?" Goodwin asked. "How long could you take that before losing your temper?"

But across Bowling Green, sympathy for either man appears to be in short supply. Goodwin described them as "two little shits" who have brought embarrassment upon the town. "You're talking about two of them that I'd like to turn over my knee," he said. "That's what the folks would like to do. Give them both a paddling and send them on their way."

Goodwin, in his capacity as a youth-baseball umpire, said he once ejected Paul from a Babe Ruth baseball game around 2000 when Paul, who was coaching one of his sons, grew argumentative over balls and strikes. (Paul's spokesman, Gor, said Goodwin's account was "100 percent absolutely false" and that Paul had never been ejected from a game.)

At Hilligans, a popular sports bar by the campus of Western Kentucky University, the same woman who told me about Boucher's fussiness toward his yard also called him a "hothead" and suggested he may have a sort of "little man's syndrome."

"He gets really stuck in his own head, and he's known for his temper," she said. At the same time, "Rand Paul's not the most-liked man in Bowling Green," she confided.
A waitress who has served Paul more than once over the years and who asked that her place of employment not be specified, described serving Paul last year following an event related to his re-election campaign.

"Hi, how are you?" the waitress recalled greeting him, to which he responded, curtly, "Water?"

I met another man, at the bar of the Bowling Green Hyatt, who said he knows both men and was in a position to shed insight on Paul's career as an eye doctor. He told me that Paul had a reputation for being difficult to work with, and that when he served as an eye doctor at Graves Gilbert clinic, he put up a fuss over the pooling of expenses among the doctors. This was confirmed by another person who worked with Paul at the clinic, who told me that a decade ago Paul wanted to take time off to help out on his father's quixotic presidential bid and balked at having to pay for fixed expenses while he was away, prompting him to leave the clinic to strike out on his own. "He's a very independent-minded fellow, and I'll leave it at that," said Craig Heckman, the clinic's assistant administrator, who declined to comment on the circumstances of Paul's departure."

So, yep, both assholes. Everybody wins!

Really hope he offset some expenditures before using his government health plan to pay for that surgery. I would hate for him to be fiscally irresponsible.

Back