• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake NC State 7:30 PM ESPNU Night Game!

Jackson with 14.48 yards per completion ? That's NUTZ !

Wolford - 8.91
Finley - 11.21

You quoted Wolford's yards per attempt vs. Jackson's (and Finley's) yards per completion

comparing yards per attempt for all three, we have

Wolford = 8.91 YPA
Jackson = 8.66 YPA
Finley = 7.14 YPA

You quoted Wolford's yards per attempt vs. Jackson's (and Finley's) yards per completion

comparing yards per attempt for all three, we have

Wolford = 8.91 YPA
Jackson = 8.66 YPA
Finley = 7.14 YPA
Dang, good catch. BiffTannen trying to screw Wolford out of his deserved first-team all-conference accolade.

I think that's exactly why we did it and yes, it is very annoying to watch as State had it too easy picking up 3rd downs, but I think circumstances dictated it and at least it worked. Barely anyway. Of course the flip side of that is State was playing press coverage a lot and that allowed us to get some big plays and score points even though we didn't have a great game putting up yards. Be nice it we could play more of a mix though.

Bend but don't break is every head coach's motto. Not so for fans and defensive coordinators. They all want attack mode. State won everywhere but the scoreboard. That gets you to December football!

The game made "Bad Beats" on Sportscenter with SVP tonight..

And like the State idiots, hanger-on and resident dumbass "Stanford" Steve Coughlin proclaimed a sealed victory for State if that play resulted in a State TD.

That's the point of the segment I guess, but WF scored on 5 possessions, 4 TDs and a FG in around 18 mins of total possession on offense during the game.

Subtract the time of drives where we didn't score and give us 1:50 and 3 timeouts to get into reasonable field goal range against the wind and against their prevent defensive secondary with Wolford, our Oline, Serigne, Hines, Washington and Colburn/Byrd and I think chances favor a TD or short FG for us.

Segment is fake news that doesn't tell the full story.

ETA: Clawson didn't challenge the 4th down spot to save the TO for the winning drive imo.

Last edited:
Back