• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UCLA bball players arrested in China for shoplifting

ZWMyODBjMzQ1MSMvSVV3dmFYQzVIN0szN2RvVTlNSHdON0VueW1JPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vaXRweHh5amVveHBsaWJiZ3E3bGR4Zmd5eG55aWd3Ymk0ZmlvYW02NGdrOWJudzY1ZGo3N256c3h2ZGVvMmRpcS5naWY.gif

Not a laughing matter over there like it is here. They could finally come back home with fingers missing since those are what "took" the shop lifted items. They are more of an "eye for an eye" type country. They better not try smoking any weed or urinating in public.
Dude..... No

If Trump can bring these kids home on his visit to China it will do wonders for his popularity among shoplifters.

I like that TheReff is the board expert on Chinese criminal law.

Please, TheReff, do continue.

giphy.gif

I initially expected this to be another overblown grasp at clicks where they got caught taking candy from the hotel gift shop. Louis Vuitton? Seriously? Leave those punks over there for a decade and let them think about it.

If you made a list of stupid things to do, committing a crime in a foreign country is not too far down that list.

No wonder why Thereffs opinions are so fucked up, his worldview is not white American then barbarian.

I think if theReff is such a fan of chinese laws, there have got to be spots in a middle school female basketball league somewhere in the Fujian province that would be happy to have him.

"Nee said it is not uncommon for a defendant to wait 30-37 days before being officially indicted. Among those indicted, Chinese prosecutors enjoy a 99.2 percent conviction rate, according to Nee’s research."

The Chinese are all about "saving face". So it depends on who they are most concerned to impress: the world and their own people or the USA?

What hasnt been mentioned yet, is how does this affect the UCLA basketball team? Are they all still in China? Will they start their season and play their games without those players?

Back