• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UCLA bball players arrested in China for shoplifting

Based on years of traveling in China, I believe 3 normal kids who would still be sitting in a Chinese jail, waiting for their parents to find the right local authority or adviser to payoff, for their release. If that didn't happen, they would spend years in jail as the case slowly wound through the legal system.

Since these guys were semi-famous, no one wanted to get caught with their hand out, so the local communist party leader elevated the issue through their internal hierarchy. Instead of letting them go right away, they released them to the hotel (but made them stay behind) to embarrass the players and the US. Once that was accomplished, they released them and called it a 'favor' to Trump.

There was pretty much no chance that Trump and Lavar Ball weren't going to end up in a verbal cat fight.

somebody needs to make that meme with the cartoon guy sweating not knowing what button to press with 'Trump' on one and 'LaVar' on the other

Very few things are as pathetic as someone asking to be thanked for something immediately after doing it, except maybe someone who says "you're welcome" afterward...no wait...someone that says they shouldn't have done what they did when they don't get as much attention as they wanted.

That or someone who consistently makes every topic about themselves and any and all transgressions that have befallen them.

If your honest about it, if Trump did nothing and the kids were still in jail, the press would be all about his not doing anything and daddy Ball would be leading the critics and probaby adding a race aspect to it.

If your honest about it, if Trump did nothing and the kids were still in jail, the press would be all about his not doing anything and daddy Ball would be leading the critics and probaby adding a race aspect to it.

If you are honest about it, 95+% of the work here was done by career State Department employees.

If you are honest about this, as several have said, the Chinese didn't want to keep teenagers, who are public figures, in jail. Basketball is a booming sport and industry in China. Holding these kids would slow the business.

If you are honest about this, Xi gets to call in a chip on Trump because of letting the kids go.

Please don't defend President Dumbass on the sports side of these boards, you fat fucking fuck. You small minded piece of shit. You dimwitted imbreed who can't even work a clock without error.

The reason I request this is because loathing our President is the only thing we are almost all in agreement on. Like global warming. I am sure you exist, the dwarf brains who actually think Trump is a functioning human being, but you are far and few between and we would prefer you to post your dribble (not drivel, drivel assumes cognition) on the politics side. Here on the sports side, we argue stupid shit regarding positions on sports and agree to admonish our President for being a fuckface dolt.

Carry on.

Yours respectfully,
le bone

But if you're honest about it, Trump should just shut up.

There was pretty much no chance that Trump and Lavar Ball weren't going to end up in a verbal cat fight.

I'm hoping that this will be the gift that keeps on giving. I'd love a protracted Ball/Trump twitter war where they compare and contrast the various crimes of their children.

Very few things are as pathetic as someone asking to be thanked for something immediately after doing it, except maybe someone who says "you're welcome" afterward...no wait...someone that says they shouldn't have done what they did when they don't get as much attention as they wanted.

That or someone who consistently makes every topic about themselves and any and all transgressions that have befallen them.

RJK posting style has always reminded me of DJT tweets.

Am I the only one still hoping for a Trump-Lavar Ball joint press conference our of all this?

I would pay money to see that. Definitely more likely to spend $$ on that then the McGregor/Mayweather fight.

My eyes can't roll hard enough.

The kids were out of jail on bail before Trump did anything.

I doubt there have been any sports figures who have directly attacked Trump's intelligence, priorities and policies more than Pop and Kerr. Why hasn't Trump attacked them like he has to Kaep, Steph, Ball, Lynch, Bennett?

Any interest in providing some rational insight into our 1-4 start?

I haven't seen a game. Fortunately for me, I left for Disney World ten days ago, and am now spending Thanksgiving with my brother on the Georgia Coast. It is pretty astounding that we are 1-4, but I would hate to form an opinion before watching a game.

Last edited:
Back