• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Politico Article: They Still Love Trump

If we can't unite behind hating cricket, what's the point of life?

My first job after graduating Wake in 1991 was teaching 8th grade Language Arts. I lasted one year. One thing I remember clearly from that hell was how middle schoolers have a strong tendency to put others down to make themselves feel better.

I see a very similar pattern in jh's posting.

I mean, let's be honest, if Jesus got down off of a cross after crucifixion you know something weird is going on.

who are these 'elites' he is referring to that are looking down on him?

who are these 'elites' he is referring to that are looking down on him?

The people right-wing radio and later tv have demonized for years.

The enemies of “freedom” and “tradition”.

People that think government can and should serve a useful purpose in modern society regulating business, protecting the environment, ensuring safety of food and medications, protecting the poor and needy from deprivation, attempting to facilitate decent access to decent healthcare, seeking to address and mitigate injustice, etc.

Not fake, but they've created their own version of Christianity to find their politics.

Might as well leave this here. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

It was not just Trump’s supporters who were in denial about what they were voting for, but Americans across the political spectrum, who, as had been the case with those who had backed Duke, searched desperately for any alternative explanation—outsourcing, anti-Washington anger, economic anxiety—to the one staring them in the face. The frequent postelection media expeditions to Trump country to see whether the fever has broken, or whether Trump’s most ardent supporters have changed their minds, are a direct outgrowth of this mistake. These supporters will not change their minds because this is what they always wanted: a president who embodies the rage they feel toward those they hate and fear, while reassuring them that that rage is nothing to be ashamed of.

I did get a kick out of the Patriots playing in Mexico this week because that word has become bastardized to the point that where anyone in the U.S. calls themselves a patriot, chances are they want to keep the Mexicans out.

Back