Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Politico Article: They Still Love Trump

As a coastal "elite" I definitely hate that guy

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    There are no words.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDeac View Post
    who are these 'elites' he is referring to that are looking down on him?
    The people right-wing radio and later tv have demonized for years.

The enemies of “freedom” and “tradition”.

People that think government can and should serve a useful purpose in modern society regulating business, protecting the environment, ensuring safety of food and medications, protecting the poor and needy from deprivation, attempting to facilitate decent access to decent healthcare, seeking to address and mitigate injustice, etc.
    I love mankind...it's PEOPLE I can't stand!!

Yeah he’s right. I do look down on people that say dumb shit like that

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    There are no words.
    And I get to spend 2 days at Thanksgiving with these sort of folks. Yay.

Ishmael Smith

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    There are no words.
    If there's anything the election of Trump has solidly confirmed for me, it's that a shitload of Christians (perhaps the majority) are fake as hell.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Not fake, but they've created their own version of Christianity to find their politics.

Scooter Banks
    Might as well leave this here. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...lusion/546356/

It was not just Trump’s supporters who were in denial about what they were voting for, but Americans across the political spectrum, who, as had been the case with those who had backed Duke, searched desperately for any alternative explanation—outsourcing, anti-Washington anger, economic anxiety—to the one staring them in the face. The frequent postelection media expeditions to Trump country to see whether the fever has broken, or whether Trump’s most ardent supporters have changed their minds, are a direct outgrowth of this mistake. These supporters will not change their minds because this is what they always wanted: a president who embodies the rage they feel toward those they hate and fear, while reassuring them that that rage is nothing to be ashamed of.

I did get a kick out of the Patriots playing in Mexico this week because that word has become bastardized to the point that where anyone in the U.S. calls themselves a patriot, chances are they want to keep the Mexicans out.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    Good read. Took me a few hours between doing other things to read it. There's a lot in there.