• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Politico Article: They Still Love Trump

Congrats. You finally managed not to lose New Jersey. It's like watching a toddler not piss himself for the first time. We're all tremendously proud of you.

Winning the governorship of two states vs a nominee being outed as a child molester - who had the better week?

It’s been one year since jhmd’s famed election lesson. A new election has just occurred, looks like a certain group learned the lesson and made corrections somebody else seems to be failing to learn the lesson.

Congrats. You finally managed not to lose New Jersey. It's like watching a toddler not piss himself for the first time. We're all tremendously proud of you.

Did a republican win the White House last year?

Some of you guys are going to become positively apoplectic when Trump wins in 2020.

I'll bite. First, that's certainly not out of the question, especially given the in-fighting that's going on with Dems. That said, do you really think the direction in which the Pub party is increasingly headed is sustainable in the long term? It's not even conservatism. Hell, they're now proposing a tax cut for the rich and corporations that will add over a trillion to the deficit - and the Freedom Caucus went along with it. Deficit hawks my ass. Trumpism is all about autocracy, nativism and MAWA. I get that, starting in the 1970s, the Pub party has not wanted to appeal to African Americans. But considering the demographic trends, why have Pubs spent the last decade plus alienating Latinos and Asians? 15-20 years ago, both used to vote Pub in more than twice the percentages they are now. I mean, would Barry Goldwater even be a Pub today? He was already questioning that in his late years, and that was before Trump's arrival. Sure, this could be sustainable for another 5-10 years, but ain't no way can Trumpism prevail in 2030 or 2040. What then?

If this is how Republicans are running against Asian Democrats, how do they plan to win Asian voters?

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s..._targeted_in_racist_mailers_win_nj_elect.html

edison-campaing-mailerjpg-302ce13178b65bfb.jpg

https://splinternews.com/sikh-american-candidate-for-hoboken-mayor-labeled-terr-1820166851

ajlfb0dsiqcjlu9ijcab.jpg

The second one has the Republican candidate's address, email, and social media info.

Last edited:
Jh must be so proud of his party's defense of Roy Moore.

Johnstown progressives are sick of national media painting them solely as Trump Country

But on paper, Johnstown fits perfectly into the “Trumptown” narrative frequently spread by out-of-town media. Cambria County’s biggest city is poor (its median household income is about $24,000), it’s mostly white, and the town has been experiencing population decline since the 1930s. However, according to online voting-record data, Johnstown marginally supported Hillary Clinton by 1 percentage point.

Regardless, there are many Trump supporters in Johnstown and the surrounding area who are low-income, elderly whites who have seen their towns slowly decline thanks to factories closing. Pennsylvania polls show Trump is still widely popular in Southwestern Pennsylvania (outside of Allegheny County). But Trump’s support is not just in old, declining Rust Belt towns; in 2016, Trump had plenty of backers in wealthy suburbs.

Take Adams Township in southern Butler County. The township is about a 30-minute drive from Downtown Pittsburgh, along the well-traveled interstate I-279. While Adams, like Cambria County, is overwhelmingly white, it’s just a few-minutes drive on newly paved roads to country clubs and big-box stores in the even-more affluent Cranberry (which backed Trump). The casual-chic Hines Ward’s Tavern 86 restaurant is less than half a mile from Adams' border. Adams' median household income is $65,000, well above the Pennsylvania average, and Adams is one of the fastest-growing towns in the Pittsburgh region.

But Adams also voted for Trump, and by a bigger margin than Cambria County. The town backed Trump by a 39 point margin over Clinton (68 percent voted for Trump, 29 percent for Clinton). So why don't national publicans travel to wealthy suburbs like Adams to write stories about Trump supporters? Electorally, they provide similar support.

I am more concerned with the fact that "Democratic" is clearly inaccurate.

It is the Democratic Party. That is the name. They are Democrats, but the official name is the Democratic Party.

If this is how Republicans are running against Asian Democrats, how do they plan to win Asian voters?

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s..._targeted_in_racist_mailers_win_nj_elect.html

edison-campaing-mailerjpg-302ce13178b65bfb.jpg

https://splinternews.com/sikh-american-candidate-for-hoboken-mayor-labeled-terr-1820166851

ajlfb0dsiqcjlu9ijcab.jpg

The second one has the Republican candidate's address, email, and social media info.

Most Asians are republican because we are not down with Democrats discriminating against our children applying to college fwiw.

Is that a joke? Because somewhere between 65-79% of Asian-Americans voted for Clinton according to the National Asian-American Survey. 36% ID as democrats, compared with only 13% IDing as republican.

I assume it's a joke.

All I hear about is how much you guys love free and fair elections...

Everything this dude posts lets me know that he is embarrassed about the political party in which he belongs so he is trying to bring down everyone else into his personal hellscape.

Piss off.

Back