• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah. Ranger Rick and American Girl Magazine, and I pilfered big brother's Boy's Life because it was always way more interesting than American Girl.

I had this comforter for an embarrassingly long time.

il_340x270.847155830_2c61.jpg

nah. Ranger Rick and American Girl Magazine, and I pilfered big brother's Boy's Life because it was always way more interesting than American Girl.

At various points we had Ranger Rick, Sports Illustrated for Kids, and Highlights.

The kids get Highlights now (well, the age appropriate ones - they have three different levels). And they're still enjoyed.

At various points we had Ranger Rick, Sports Illustrated for Kids, and Highlights.

The kids get Highlights now (well, the age appropriate ones - they have three different levels). And they're still enjoyed.

Did Goofus ever get his shit together?

I had this comforter for an embarrassingly long time.

il_340x270.847155830_2c61.jpg

Nice. I had similar NFL bedding:

s-l225.jpg

I had a poster with all the team helmets on the wall...the 6 divisional folders for school....these pencils:

s-l225.jpg

I lived America's sport like a good citizen. But we'll never go back to that time. Just like ESPN will never again show highlights, especially with an awesome soundtrack.

So about a week ago I had to go get my drivers license renewed. However, because of the whole Real ID thing, they no longer issue licenses in person. Meaning I have a paper printout of a temporary license, and am expected to get my new one "within 10 days" (and it has not yet arrived).

I have a flight tomorrow morning.

How much shit am I going to get at TSA for the temporary one? Since it's literally just a piece of paper. I have my old license, but it has a "void" stamped through it.

I could bring my passport, but it is still in my maiden name, and my ticket is in my married name. So I'm not sure that would even help. I guess I could bring my marriage certificate too to verify?

So about a week ago I had to go get my drivers license renewed. However, because of the whole Real ID thing, they no longer issue licenses in person. Meaning I have a paper printout of a temporary license, and am expected to get my new one "within 10 days" (and it has not yet arrived).

I have a flight tomorrow morning.

How much shit am I going to get at TSA for the temporary one? Since it's literally just a piece of paper. I have my old license, but it has a "void" stamped through it.

I could bring my passport, but it is still in my maiden name, and my ticket is in my married name. So I'm not sure that would even help. I guess I could bring my marriage certificate too to verify?

You’ll be fine. Take the old one.

And get your passport updated.

I collected pennants when I was pretty small (7 to 11ish) because that became my go-to request for a souvenir at various events my parents took me to - mostly basketball related - Charlotte Hornets, Harlem Globetrotters, probably Wake Forest, and I remember a random Utah Jazz that I won at a carnival

Then it was the swimsuit babes for the next few years - had a Cindy Crawford, Kathy Ireland, and Nikki Taylor

I collected pennants when I was pretty small (7 to 11ish) because that became my go-to request for a souvenir at various events my parents took me to - mostly basketball related - Charlotte Hornets, Harlem Globetrotters, probably Wake Forest, and I remember a random Utah Jazz that I won at a carnival

Then it was the swimsuit babes for the next few years - had a Cindy Crawford, Kathy Ireland, and Nikki Taylor

My dad and I collect pennants whenever we visit colleges. Had them all over my room growing up. Did an inventory at Christmas and we're up to 79.

Had a bunch of Wake basketball posters. Nostalgia these days
I still have most of mine. The free ones that they gave out at games. Maybe someday I'll frame the Duncan and Paul ones.

Also, I remember (and definitely still have) a hilarious hornets poster where they're all dressed up in leather jackets and straddling motorcycles.

Nice. I had similar NFL bedding:

s-l225.jpg

I had a poster with all the team helmets on the wall...the 6 divisional folders for school....these pencils:

s-l225.jpg

I lived America's sport like a good citizen. But we'll never go back to that time. Just like ESPN will never again show highlights, especially with an awesome soundtrack.

NFL Primetime used to be the best show on television. That music got me all jacked up. Now, ESPN, not so much.

The office admin has decorated for valentines day already, with red tinsel garland and lace doilies everywhere... and now she has cut out construction paper hearts for people to write their pet's names on (since this is the year of the dog). this decoration is what greets you when you walk into our office.

I don't mean to sound like a total curmudgeon, but ffs. Do that to your cube if that's what you want.
I think what really bothers me about this is that I'm the highest-level person out in the cubicle area (rather than with an individual office), and quite frankly I don't want to be associated with this level of crap.

You’ll be fine. Take the old one.

And get your passport updated.

Yeah, it was NBD. Needed to show them my voided ID. Hopefully as easy on the way home.

And yes on the passport. But since it's good for 10 years (and sadly I haven't used it since our honeymoon) I have not been in a hurry to pay to change it. I had unfortunate timing where my old one was going to expire a month or two after our honeymoon, and since it was so close to the trip I had to get a new one before the wedding.

The office admin has decorated for valentines day already, with red tinsel garland and lace doilies everywhere... and now she has cut out construction paper hearts for people to write their pet's names on (since this is the year of the dog). this decoration is what greets you when you walk into our office.

I don't mean to sound like a total curmudgeon, but ffs. Do that to your cube if that's what you want.
I think what really bothers me about this is that I'm the highest-level person out in the cubicle area (rather than with an individual office), and quite frankly I don't want to be associated with this level of crap.

sounds like Portland might need a gov't shutdown of its own

Why you hate dogs, leebs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back