• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump judge nominee, who's never tried a case, is step closer to lifetime appointment

I know of a federal judge who came onto the job and for the first three months or so, just had clerks research how to be a judge. It is a learnable skill and no one (or very few) starts being a federal judge and is instantly amazing at it. The job is way too broad for anyone to come into it with a full understanding - even if they have been sitting on a state court judgeship for years.

You guys sound like 1st graders talking about what it's going to be like in High School.

You'd think for such a hard, broadly expansive job you'd want the most qualified candidates and not the least. Motherfucker this is a dumb take.

The job is way too broad for anyone to come into it with a full understanding - even if they have been sitting on a state court judgeship for years.

Seems like you've made a pretty good argument for why it's even worse to appoint a guy who has never argued a motion in any court. A federal judgeship is not an easy job, even for experienced judges, so maybe don't appoint someone who admits he has essentially 0 experience doing anything whatsoever related to litigation.

No one becomes a brain surgeon and knows everything there is to know about it on day 1. There's a learning curve for everyone, even experienced surgeons. So, while I have never picked up a scalpel and get queasy around needles, might as well hire me. Just like them, I'll be learning on the job !

2itsjrc.jpg

I know of a federal judge who came onto the job and for the first three months or so, just had clerks research how to be a judge. It is a learnable skill and no one (or very few) starts being a federal judge and is instantly amazing at it. The job is way too broad for anyone to come into it with a full understanding - even if they have been sitting on a state court judgeship for years.

You guys sound like 1st graders talking about what it's going to be like in High School.

This post is so dumb, it’s funny.

Watched the video.
Laughed alot at the jerk asking questions.

I would hope the party that rails against affirmative action and government waste would be livid at the prospect of a lifetime salary for someone unqualified for a job.

So. it's being a "jerk" to ask a potential lifetime judge if he knows the most basic rules of evidence? Please explain to me how judge can make rulings or be in charge of a case if he doesn't know the law.

I would hope the party that rails against affirmative action and government waste would be livid at the prospect of a lifetime salary for someone unqualified for a job.

That would assume they have morals and convictions to back up their words.

The questions that Senator Kennedy is like asking someone who is trying to be a basketball ref -what is a basketball? or how many points does a team get for making a three point basket?

But to silk, it's being a "jerk" to ask.

Back