• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump judge nominee, who's never tried a case, is step closer to lifetime appointment

I would hope the party that rails against affirmative action and government waste would be livid at the prospect of a lifetime salary for someone unqualified for a job.

Not sure what you're saying. If Republicans link affirmative action to unqualified workers, that means they think hiring women and minorities is hiring unqualified workers.

Not sure what you're saying. If Republicans link affirmative action to unqualified workers, that means they think hiring women and minorities is hiring unqualified workers.

You’ve honestly never heard this argument? It’s at the heart of basically every conservative critique I have ever heard about affirmative action.

Who would organize company holiday parties if we didn't hire women? Just an absurd stance.

So, apologies if this was posted before (I went back through the thread but didn't see it). But I just came across this article from mid-November about Talley

Trump Judicial Nominee Brett Talley Appears to Have Defended “the First KKK” in Message Board Post

Brett Talley, the Alabama lawyer Donald Trump has nominated to be a federal district judge, is a 36-year-old ghosthunter who has never tried a case and who failed to disclose to the Senate that he is married to the chief of staff to the White House counsel. He also seems to have written 16,381 posts—more than 3½ per day—on the University of Alabama fan message board TideFans.com. As BuzzFeed has reported, a user who is almost certainly Talley posted for years under the handle BamainBoston. (BuzzFeed managed to identify him because BamainBoston wrote a message headlined “Washington Post Did A Feature On Me,” linking to a 2014 Ben Terris profile of Talley. BuzzFeed reported that a “Justice Department spokesman declined to comment on Talley's behalf.”)

Geez. You don’t punt on Brown v. Board.

Back