• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

spiderland

Great record. I remember hearing that for the first time and being blown away. Great dynamics and creativity, plus it rocked. And yet, much as the article describes, the album has languished in relative obscurity all these years. I bought it several years later and still have it, but probably haven't listened to it in 10 years (that's about to change). It just gets constantly overlooked on the rare occasion where I'm flipping through my CD collection. It has probably on some level influenced the stuff that I write. It has certainly influenced a lot of the bands that influenced me that came later.

It’s better than Marquee Moon

I’d say top 10 all time

Last edited:
They sucked in all the 1980s then anticipated the future

Impressive for Kentucky children

A music miracle

Slint is a poor man's Swans.

Listened. It’s p good. A little too whiny bitch weezery for me. Not a weezer fan. I bet weezer worships that album. It’s good. Dig the guitars.

Slint-Beatles.jpg

Listened. It’s p good. A little too whiny bitch weezery for me. Not a weezer fan. I bet weezer worships that album. It’s good. Dig the guitars.

Listening to it now, it does sound more like kid vocals, something that didn't really hit me when I was listening to it as a 19 year old. It still doesn't bug me though. The band is tight, the instrumentation good.

Back