• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

Actually Chip Kelly was the NH OC then Oregon OC then Oregon HC within 3 or 4 years.

It's great to see young coaches make these leaps. Kelly was 46 when he became Oregon HS. Moorhead is 44.

Willie Taggart was the Stanford RB coach 9 seasons ago. Now he'll either be in his 4th FBS job at FSU or getting his second big contract at Oregon. He's 41.

yeah my point was OC at obscure school to Pac 12 HC in a handful of seaosns

Doeren would be fired after season 2 at Tennessee.

Currie is a good friend of mine and I have no idea what he has been thinking. Nonsense.

Doeren would be fired after season 2 at Tennessee.

Currie is a good friend of mine and I have no idea what he has been thinking. Nonsense.

Well, maybe if Doeren is going to get fired by Tennessee anyway, why not hamstring a WF rival in the process?

His stint at TN rules him out I guess given the nature of that fanbase, but generally speaking I think Clawson is a stronger candidate than Doeren

The twitter-verse (and Finebaum) stating that Currie is in NC interviewing multiple candidates. Surely, DC is not one of them. Fedora, maybe? That would be pretty wild.

I'm calling it now. Doeren to Tenn. I know he's not been shy about his dislike for Yow, or his willingness to step away from the job. For more cash, it's going to happen.

ETA: If the other person being interviewed in NC is Fedora, I would think he would be the preferred candidate to Doeren. But if the job is offered, I think Doeren takes it.

Even if he is interviewing in NC, that doesn't mean the candidates are all from this state.

Yeah. He could be holding meetings at a hotel by the Charlotte airport or RDU.

Word is Currie offered Brohm a contract and he accepted except the contract had not been approved by Tennessee boosters. They then resubmitted a lower contract and Brohm said forget it.

Were I Currie, I'd tell the Vols to forget it. Why would anyone want to work with for these hillbillies?

The twitter-verse (and Finebaum) stating that Currie is in NC interviewing multiple candidates. Surely, DC is not one of them. Fedora, maybe? That would be pretty wild.

Satterfield from App St

Fedora and TN would be a match made in heaven. All talk and no substance. Not sure what to think of the Doeren/TN talk. Several different NCSU sources I trust are reporting wildly different stuff. Lots of false info being released with Doeren trying to get his contract redone. Giglio said he wasn't in TN today and I believe that, think there is a possibility that he may have been interviewed by TN today in NC. Dont think he leaves but would be a bummer if he does.

I'm calling it now. Doeren to Tenn. I know he's not been shy about his dislike for Yow, or his willingness to step away from the job. For more cash, it's going to happen.

ETA: If the other person being interviewed in NC is Fedora, I would think he would be the preferred candidate to Doeren. But if the job is offered, I think Doeren takes it.

Meh, I don't know of any Yow/Doeren beef/issues (Yow has issues with Avent for whatever reason but i've heard nothing with Doeren). There's no evidence to back that up other than both sides shrewdly negotiating his next contract currently.

People continue to trash Yow and I still don't get it. NCSU is the only school in the country other than Stanford with every single major fall sports program advancing into their respective national championship tourneys.

Meh, I don't know of any Yow/Doeren beef/issues (Yow has issues with Avent for whatever reason but i've heard nothing with Doeren). There's no evidence to back that up other than both sides shrewdly negotiating his next contract currently.

People continue to trash Yow and I still don't get it. NCSU is the only school in the country other than Stanford with every single major fall sports program advancing into their respective national championship tourneys.

:squint:

Back