• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

Other than the last week with this contract negotiation what can you show me that Yow and Doeren have ever been at odds?

Contract negotiations don't mean you are at odds with each other.

I was squinting at your last sentence.

NCSU official twitter sent out that Stanford and NCSU were the only schools to have every team they participate in during the fall earn postseason births. I'm not checking it but I trust they didn't just make that up. Do with that as you wish.

Yea, but that’s not the same thing as a “national championship tourney” in FB

Other than the last week with this contract negotiation what can you show me that Yow and Doeren have ever been at odds?

Contract negotiations don't mean you are at odds with each other.

Stories that I have heard from someone very close to the program who I know you would agree is credible.

Also, isn't what is going on right now fantastic evidence of their terrible relationship?

Meh, I don't know of any Yow/Doeren beef/issues (Yow has issues with Avent for whatever reason but i've heard nothing with Doeren). There's no evidence to back that up other than both sides shrewdly negotiating his next contract currently.

People continue to trash Yow and I still don't get it. NCSU is the only school in the country other than Stanford with every single major fall sports program advancing into their respective national championship tourneys.

Nice spin. Has State won an ACC championship in anything under Yow? This is about trophies. So State goes to the Men's Soccer Tourney and loses first round and y'all brag about that? Every School in the conference has won a football and basketball championship since State won one.

mack vs. Pack like old times.

Nice spin. Has State won an ACC championship in anything under Yow? This is about trophies. So State goes to the Men's Soccer Tourney and loses first round and y'all brag about that? Every School in the conference has won a football and basketball championship since State won one.

Without looking it up, I don't think this is true. After thinking it about it some, I know its not true.

Of the schools that were around at the time ('87 or '89, not sure if tournament is what counts for bball) only ones I can think of that hasn't gotten it done are Clemson bball and Carolina football. Pretty staggering

Last edited:
Of the schools that were around at the time ('87 or '89, not sure if tournament is what counts for bball) only ones I can think of that hasn't gotten it done are Clemson bball and Carolina football. Pretty staggering

UNC won the ACC football championship in 1980 (NCSU last won it in 1979) and Clemson won the ACC Regular Season basketball in 1990 (NCSU last won it in 1989)

Meh, I don't know of any Yow/Doeren beef/issues (Yow has issues with Avent for whatever reason but i've heard nothing with Doeren). There's no evidence to back that up other than both sides shrewdly negotiating his next contract currently.

People continue to trash Yow and I still don't get it. NCSU is the only school in the country other than Stanford with every single major fall sports program advancing into their respective national championship tourneys.

There are those around who remember Yow at Maryland. Her time there really put them into a financial bind and the money was a driving force that led Maryland to leave the ACC for the B1G. She also cut a number of lower tier sports at MD. Her tenure at MD also included the MD faithful looking at the sister act of Debbie at MD and sister Kay as BB coach elsewhere. Don't think they thought Debbie was always acting in the best interests of MD.

We talking individual or team Nattys? Multiple individual national titles in swimming and wrestling.

tau is the State version of Rafi.

Swimming and wrestling, folks.

There are those around who remember Yow at Maryland. Her time there really put them into a financial bind and the money was a driving force that led Maryland to leave the ACC for the B1G. She also cut a number of lower tier sports at MD. Her tenure at MD also included the MD faithful looking at the sister act of Debbie at MD and sister Kay as BB coach elsewhere. Don't think they thought Debbie was always acting in the best interests of MD.

Yow has always been the scapegoat for shitty Maryland fans that stopped showing up to events.

Stories that I have heard from someone very close to the program who I know you would agree is credible.

Also, isn't what is going on right now fantastic evidence of their terrible relationship?

Not necessarily. Doeren wants more money, Yow is trying to keep him while alp protecting the school financially. Yow had an offer on the table for Doeren when he was 6-1. He bet on himself and then lost 3 of the last 5 after not taking that deal. He’s still trying to get paid for the 6-1 start not the 2-3 finish.

As for sources, we all have then. My connected sources sound like they hear some things that contradict what yours have. That’s why they are all sources and no one is on the record. Most of it is BS. I’ve heard she’s offering around 3mill a year for 5 years. Tenn at 4.5 million. I don’t think it’s worth the 1.5 mil to go to Tenn but I’m obviously biased. We will see what happens. Would be a big blow for the program if we lose him though. Having another restart would suck.

Last edited:
Back