• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

Not necessarily. Doeren wants more money, Yow is trying to keep him while alp protecting the school financially. Yow had an offer on the table for Doeren when he was 6-1. He bet on himself and then lost 3 of the last 5 after not taking that deal. He’s still trying to get paid for the 6-1 start not the 2-3 finish.

As for sources, we all have then. My connected sources sound like they hear some things that contradict what yours have. That’s why they are all sources and no one is on the record. Most of it is BS. I’ve heard she’s offering around 3mill a year for 5 years. Tenn at 4.5 million. I don’t think it’s worth the 1.5 mil to go to Tenn but I’m obviously biased. We will see what happens. Would be a big blow for the program if we lose him though. Having another restart would suck.

I think most would still agree TN is a "better" football job than NCSU. Coaches look at other jobs. Doesn't mean he has a bad relationship with the AD.

There are those around who remember Yow at Maryland. Her time there really put them into a financial bind and the money was a driving force that led Maryland to leave the ACC for the B1G. She also cut a number of lower tier sports at MD. Her tenure at MD also included the MD faithful looking at the sister act of Debbie at MD and sister Kay as BB coach elsewhere. Don't think they thought Debbie was always acting in the best interests of MD.

Slight correction - she didn't cut the sports, her successor did. Just adds to your previous section.

Tennessee fans are rabid, delusional, and insatiable.

At least they care?

Who supervised their sports marketing department when she was AD?

They are with Outfront now, but I think they were a CBS school when she was there. She has had a notoriously contentious relationship with the Learfield team since she's been at State.

They are with Outfront now, but I think they were a CBS school when she was there. She has had a notoriously contentious relationship with the Learfield team since she's been at State.

Right, but my point is that lack of fan support is partly the responsibility of the AD. Especially if it’s the reason your financial situation is untenable.

If we had done this when Wellman tried to hire [Redacted], maybe the Wake basketball program would still be relevant

Maybe wait and see how it plays out. Not sure it’s made the Tennessee job more attractive. Seems the opposite is true.

Not saying [Redacted] was a good hire, because he wasn’t.

Back