• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

Tim Brando said today that as many as 7 SEC schools will be looking for new coaches after this season:

Already open:

Florida
TN

Likely to be open:

Arkansas
Ole Miss (interim coach currently holds that spot)
Texas A&M

Possibly open:

Missouri
Miss. State (assuming Dan Mullen takes another job)

That's a lot of turnover. Brando also trashed the SEC East contending that it's weaker than the Big 10 West (the Division that Wisconsin clinched in October). He also commented on the pathetic QB play in the SEC. Outside of Hurts and maybe Drew Lock at Missou, hard to name even a QB in that conference that's a legit threat to win a game with his arm. Really weird how that conference is consistently unable to produce productive QBs.

Recently I think that has come down to a combination of weak QB development and unimaginative OC's. Until they can figure that out, I don't see that changing. They will need to hit some of these hires out of the park.

I think the SEC has a fair share of productive quarterbacks who go on to play in the NFL, including five current starters. A little down right now for sure. Florida's on it's third or fourth QB of the year, partly due to injury.

I think the SEC has a fair share of productive quarterbacks who go on to play in the NFL, including five current starters. A little down right now for sure. Florida's on it's third or fourth QB of the year, partly due to injury.

5 current SEC starters:

Dak - stud
Stafford - stud
Cam - stud

Dak wasn't much of a passing threat in college.

Eli - done (and played a long ass time ago)

Are you really going to claim Jay Cutler?

Wow! Five starting QBs? Of the top of my head, that's the same as the ACC due to Watson's injury and maybe a little less than the Big Ten and PAC-12. Maybe the Big 12 too.

Yep. Goes to show what consistent QB development can do for a program.

Yep. Goes to show what consistent QB development can do for a program.

Think about how bad we would have been without a NFL caliber QB..... At least we have the right guy for the job now.

Think about how bad we would have been without a NFL caliber QB..... At least we have the right guy for the job now.

Huh? Isn't Finley an NFL caliber QB as well?

Huh? Isn't Finley an NFL caliber QB as well?

I was saying think how bad those teams would be without Wilson, Glennon, or Rivers. Last part was more of a plug for Dave Doeran, not saying anything about Finley. Finley is okay.

Right. But how can you say Doeran is the guy to help you win with out an NFL QB when he's had two?

Huh? Glennon and Wilson were gone by the time Doeren took over.

Right. But how can you say Doeran is the guy to help you win with out an NFL QB when he's had two?

I mean doesn't he get credit for bringing those guys in (none of the others produced two NFL QB's) ? Also, he's built one of the best OL and DL in the country, he's recruiting at a really high level. His teams have gotten better every single year. Etc. If you can't see the difference in the program that DD has built compared to TOB, CTC, etc I think it's hard to deny that

Huh? Glennon and Wilson were gone by the time Doeren took over.

Brissett and he's anticipating Finley I think. How has Ph turned another tread on this board into a NCSU thread?

I mean doesn't he get credit for bringing those guys in (none of the others produced two NFL QB's) ? Also, he's built one of the best OL and DL in the country, he's recruiting at a really high level. His teams have gotten better every single year. Etc. If you can't see the difference in the program that DD has built compared to TOB, CTC, etc I think it's hard to deny that

Sure he gets credit for recruiting. I thought you were saying he could win without an NFL QB.

Back