• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

stoneville, something like this about Taggart?

He would bring a Dabo type energy to FSU. Jimbo was never all that exciting.

Dabo is only 48 by the way.

Looks like Pruitt isn't taking anybody from Alabama but has gotten a couple of assistants from Georgia and pulled Bobo's OC at Colorado State to be OL coach.

Going to be interesting to see if he can get enough talent out of Alabama and Georgia to be competitive. I would guess he's gone in 5 years.

Looks like Pruitt isn't taking anybody from Alabama but has gotten a couple of assistants from Georgia and pulled Bobo's OC at Colorado State to be OL coach.

Going to be interesting to see if he can get enough talent out of Alabama and Georgia to be competitive. I would guess he's gone in 5 years.

Don't forget about SC as Dabo has that locked up as well.

My guess he is gone in 2 years. Probably 6-6 next year,(2 MAJOR creampuffs next year in UTEP and UNCC) makes a bowl, then the following year, he starts 1-4 or something like that and gets fired...

The coaching carousel is going to start spinning faster and faster for coaches...

2018 Schedule
Sept. 1 vs. West Virginia Charlotte, N.C.
Sept. 8 ETSU Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 15 UTEP Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 22 Florida * Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 29 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 13 at Auburn * Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 Alabama * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 27 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C.
Nov. 3 Charlotte Knoxville, Tenn.
Nov. 10 Kentucky * Knoxville, Tenn.
Nov. 17 Missouri * Knoxville, Tenn.
Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt * Nashville, Tenn.

their OOC games are
UT-Chattanooga, Georgia State, UAB, BYU.

My guess he is gone in 2 years. Probably 6-6 next year,(2 MAJOR creampuffs next year in UTEP and UNCC) makes a bowl, then the following year, he starts 1-4 or something like that and gets fired...

The coaching carousel is going to start spinning faster and faster for coaches...

The 5 year rebuild is going to be a thing of the past. Hard to say upfront, "Let's pay this guy $25 million before we expect any tangible results."

Pruitt will be making almost as much as Kirby out of the gate. Kirby's about to get a big raise though.

Oregon to retain Mario Cristobal as HC. He was the OC under Taggart, former Bama OL coach, and former FIU HC.

Narduzzi signed a 7 year contract extension two days ago.

Did OK though nothing amazing at FIU. Recruiting TY Hilton probably his most notable accomplishment

I agree, and the longer Tennessee stays in the shadows of Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. the harder it's going to be to make a comeback. I think this disastrous coaching search by TN is a classic case of a fanbase living in the past and having delusions of grandeur. They're simply not an elite SEC (or even barely mediocre) team or national power anymore, but their fans seem to insist that they are. I would think it makes being an AD there extremely difficult. In time, Fulmer may regret getting that AD job.

Tennessee regularly lands top 10/15 in recruiting classes, even with its lukewarm results recently. If Pruitt can actually be a good game day coach while keeping reccruiring at similar levels, they're crazily not that far off from being a SEC contender.

Sounds like Jimbo may snag Bud Foster to TAMU.

That would be quite a pull. A ton of programs have tried to pry Foster out of B'burg. A move may be partially explained that Foster doesn't have the same allegiance to Fuente that he did to Beamer.

Jimbo and Bud running lose in the Aggie Cult land. Just imagine the coed tail they will pull!

Where is the Foster news coming from? All I see (in admittedly limited searching) is a bunch of aTm fans saying on Twitter that that's who they want. No chatter about that on VT's side.

Where is the Foster news coming from? All I see (in admittedly limited searching) is a bunch of aTm fans saying on Twitter that that's who they want. No chatter about that on VT's side.

check out VT Scoop its on that board

Back