• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much does Duke suck? Less than us apparently...

They're like 11 bucks on Stubhub right now

Yeah I’ll go that route if I have to, I just like to give the people I banter with about Wake sports a chance to make a little money if they can’t make it.

The few Duke football fans that exist will be in NJ for Thanksgiving weekend.

Ha! I didn't realize there was such a thing as a Duke football fan. They all pull for Fl. State......or did.

One of my best friends grew up in Durham. Went to Liberty. He's a Duke Basketball fan, Florida State Football fan (because of Deion Sanders), Chicago Cubs fan (because they were only team on when he got home from school), and Chicago bears (no idea). The Cubs, Noles and Duke Bball was quite convenient the last 3 years.

Last edited:
One of my best friends grew up in Durham. Went to Liberty. He's a Duke Basketball fan, Florida State Football fan (because of Deion Sanders), Chicago Cubs fan (because they were only team on when he got home from school), and Chicago bears (no idea). The Cubs, Noles and Duke Bball was quite convenient the last 3 years.

I've got a friend on facebook who carries herself as the biggest Duke fan to walk the earth. Constant posts during basketball season, in fact I called her out on it one time and mentioned Duke did have a football team. Her response was, "I've never really liked football." Okay, so when Cut started having some success and they were going to bowl games and played in the ACC title that year, what do you know she was all the time posting about Duke football and going to games. I guess she finally figured out Duke had a football team.

That's what makes us, Wake nation, so special. We stick with our Deacs through thick and thin and we've seen plenty of thin my friends.

Blowout that turns into a cover in garbage time works for me.

I'd take that, as long as bourbon and valium were close at hand.

No reason to think it won't be a tough game. Even though Duke had the 6 game skid this year, their program is so much better than it was under pre-Cut, and even those teams always played us tough in Winston.

I've got a friend on facebook who carries herself as the biggest Duke fan to walk the earth. Constant posts during basketball season, in fact I called her out on it one time and mentioned Duke did have a football team. Her response was, "I've never really liked football." Okay, so when Cut started having some success and they were going to bowl games and played in the ACC title that year, what do you know she was all the time posting about Duke football and going to games. I guess she finally figured out Duke had a football team.

That's what makes us, Wake nation, so special. We stick with our Deacs through thick and thin and we've seen plenty of thin my friends.

LOL not really. Not in football. Must people just tailgated and went home in the 1990's, or never even went to the stadium. I can remember one late season Maryland game where there were MAYBE 600 people in the stands. Maybe Clawson will be a lifer at Wake and build a true football fan culture. One can dream.

My loyalty may reach its breaking point with this year's basketball team.

We stick with our Deacs through thick and thin and we've seen plenty of thin my friends.
I first read that as "we stick our Deacs through thick and thin and we've seen plenty of thin my friends". Probably should have read that first thing this morning when still half asleep.

Current spread is WFU -12, with an o/u of 58.

Haven't seen it move much, but it looks like more folks are on Duke here (60%ish)... Will have better data on that on Saturday morning.

No chance I can back the Deacs giving double digits to another ACC team, but I am comforted by the fact that Wake is 8-2-1 ATS this year (2nd in all of college football, behind only Iowa St at 9-1-1).

Just pointing all of this out to say that I think the public perception is that this should be a relatively close game. I hope we fucking roll them.

Back