• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much does Duke suck? Less than us apparently...

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it officially announced, but the LJVM changed their event time from 12:30-3:30.

I was hoping for another night game, at least a 3:00 kickoff. Oh well.

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons take on the Duke University Blue Devils on Saturday, November 25, 2017 at Wake Forest University’s BB&T Field. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m.

For more information on football gamedays, please visit our Football Gameday Guide at http://www.wakeforestsports.com/gameday/.

WF opens as a 10.5 point favorite.

Been awhile since WF was a double digit favorite in a conference game.

Already up to 12.5 to 13.

Wake has bean a bettors favorite this year.

Already up to 12.5 to 13.

Wake has bean a bettors favorite this year.

That’s a lot of points in what is traditionally a very tight game, especially with Duke coming off an impressive win and playing for a bowl bid.

Agreed. But we've shown an ability to score and the defense has only allowed 13 points in the last two 2nd halves.

Going to be a dog fight. Duke trying to make a bowl is no small thing.

Duke trying to make a bowl game is going to make this so much sweeter.

Apparently dook has already qualified for a bowl game even with 5 wins because there won't be enough 6 win teams and their APR number is high given that their athletes go to school at NC Central.

Lets just destroy Dook and send them to Detroit to play in the shittiest bowl on the day after Christmas. They may choose to just stay home.

Do any of the stat people here know how many points we'll need to score to end the season as the highest scoring ACC team?

Do any of the stat people here know how many points we'll need to score to end the season as the highest scoring ACC team?

In short, a lot.

Currently, we're 7 behind Clemson (who will play 1 or 2 more games than us, if you're counting post-season) and 43 behind Louisville.

Apparently dook has already qualified for a bowl game even with 5 wins because there won't be enough 6 win teams and their APR number is high given that their athletes go to school at NC Central.

That's too bad. But I'll settle for ensuring them a losing record and having to be the 5-7 team in a bowl game that everyone talks about and then says "if Duke made it there are too many bowls." That would be ok with me.

Duke board gives themselves a ten to fifteen percent chance on this. They did all the math.

According to this source, it was Florida State with 723 in 2013.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/florida-state/2013.html

We currently have 381.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wake-forest/2017.html

** Assumed you were asking highest in history.

For this season, we're pretty damn close. Btw, look at FSU. Never thought I'd see FSU DFL in total scoring in the ACC.
http://www.espn.com/ncf/conferences/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2017/id/1

Last edited:
We laid an egg in a somewhat similar situation against BC last year. Let's hope this time is different.

PS - this is the most psyched I can remember being for a Wake/Duke football game since the OB season.

We laid an egg in a somewhat similar situation against BC last year. Let's hope this time is different.

PS - this is the most psyched I can remember being for a Wake/Duke football game since the OB season.

really? that was our second game of the year and all we knew was our 3rd string QB was forced into the starting role.

Back