• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Meltdown thread

LOL at Crawford getting drafted by anything better than the second tier Estonian league. Our guards should have been our strength this season, and they have been complete garbage. Especially on the defense end and with leadership. We allowed 2 white dudes that are 6'0'' and 6'1" to score 49 points tonight. Pathetic.

At least there's no emotional commitment to WF Bball this year.

Cannot believe where this program is from 13 years ago. When I was watching CP3s soph campaign beginning, if you would have told me where the program would go, I would have told you your nuts. Skips death was the absolute worst thing that could have happened to WFU hoops.

The unwiped ass era continues.

A lost decade, save a half a season of John Collins.

Cannot believe where this program is from 13 years ago. When I was watching CP3s soph campaign beginning, if you would have told me where the program would go, I would have told you your nuts. Skips death was the absolute worst thing that could have happened to WFU hoops.
Bullshit. Skip was horrible his last 3 years. The problem is what Wellman has done since Skip passed.

i remember a post saying next year's team with the incoming recruits would be the best wake team since duncan

woof

From a personal perspective, yes. But it didn't have to doom the program. That's all Wellman.

This reminds me of the end of Grobe's tenure, where we would get crushed while Grobe would just spend all game kneeling on the ground, and then in the post-game conference would spew some sort of "we'll start winning when the players get sick of losing" bullshit.

I wonder how different our program would be if Skip hadn’t passed.

This reminds me of the end of Grobe's tenure, where we would get crushed while Grobe would just spend all game kneeling on the ground, and then in the post-game conference would spew some sort of "we'll start winning when the players get sick of losing" bullshit.

Grobe never got to these lows.

Can't blame that. This is all self inflicted by that arrogant piece of crap Wellman.

man, John Collins really did make Manning look halfway decent

maybe the greatest basketball player ever

Scrap everything and start over.

No recognized, proven high or mid-major coach will come here now.

Allow recruits out of LOI if they are not 100% IN on new regime.

Hire successful low-major coaches on two-to-three year cycles until one has success. Must be under 40. Low salary, big upside.

Fix stadium.

Start with three star, four-year players. Play defense. Have junior, senior leaders overachieve to 20-wins with easy OOC schedules.

Build back up to 4/5 stars once we have a 20-win season again and credibility established.

Could take three years, could take 15.

My son and I have had this conversation many times. I know he had it rough after CP3 left, but damn do I miss the guy.

Me too. At least in his last couple seasons, he still had personality and charisma . He was doing well with recruiting again before his passing. The last 2 hires by wellman been guys with no personality.

Back