• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Meltdown thread

Scrap everything and start over.

No recognized, proven high or mid-major coach will come here now.

Allow recruits out of LOI if they are not 100% IN on new regime.

Hire successful low-major coaches on two-to-three year cycles until one has success. Must be under 40. Low salary, big upside.

Fix stadium.

Start with three star, four-year players. Play defense. Have junior, senior leaders overachieve to 20-wins with easy OOC schedules.

Build back up to 4/5 stars once we have a 20-win season again and credibility established.

Could take three years, could take 15.

Nonsense. It is easy to recruit here. Have you seen our recruiting class this year.

This is a good job.

Could be a lot of people here owe DRoss an apology. I would take that short little UNCG coach over Manning in a heartbeat right now.

Nonsense. It is easy to recruit here. Have you seen our recruiting class this year.

This is a good job (under an AD not named Ron Wellman who destroyed a prosperous basketball program).

FIFY

All I've heard from RJ for 3 years is we don't have the players to defend at even an average level. In year 4, we just let two 6' white guys named Reed Timmer and Graham Woodward light us up for 49 points.

All I've heard from RJ for 3 years is we don't have the players to defend at even an average level. In year 4, we just let two 6' white guys named Reed Timmer and Graham Woodward light us up for 49 points.

And we don’t try anything different to stop them.

Could be this is the first time RJ was wrong.

If Manning has any respect for the University that hired him, he should walk away for the good of all involved.

I doubt he needs the money and God knows he does not seem to invested.

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

We have been outscored a total of 131 to 114 in the second half this season. To GA Southern, Liberty, and Drake. That is just pitiful. Poor coaching and no pride by experienced players. And I would be willing to bet that a lot of that was while we played our "vaunted" four guard lineup.

Video from Les. Can hardly hear anything but better than nothing.

Video from Les. Can hardly hear anything but better than nothing.

In all seriousness, I think Danny cares, I just don’t think he knows what to do about it or how to get his players to give a crap. He’s getting paid a lot of money to know what to do and if doesn’t, he needs to go.

i hadn't realized drake went 7-24 last year. my god.

In all seriousness, I think Danny cares, I just don’t think he knows what to do about it or how to get his players to give a crap. He’s getting paid a lot of money to know what to do and if doesn’t, he needs to go.

Yeah, to think that he doesn't care is just stupid. Like you say, caring and knowing how to fix problems or getting guys to play winning basketball are two different things. My observation through 4 years is that he values offense over defense and doesn't hold guys accountable for poor or lazy defense. He also seems to play line-ups that he thinks will benefit us on offense even though they totally kill us on the defensive end.

Back