• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Meltdown thread

Is that post game insightful or reflective or is it just going to piss me off?

"There are too many times where we play good first-shot defense and we turn around and we look and we wait for Dinos and John Collins to fly in and get off a plane and come get a rebound."

DM will get it figured out and these guys will improve.

... you hysterical fairies.

I mean, we're so bad that torching the coaches is totally justified.

At the same time, these stat lines are simply incredible. Under 12% from deep with only 2 made 3's tonight. Our entire front court shot under 30% from the free throw line. Wilbekin is shooting under 8% from the floor, just slightly trailing Childress at 15% from the floor.

Have Crawford and Woods ever shot 0% from deep in a game before? Did our conditioning crew get confused on game day and put everyone through a brutal arms lifting day? Does Manning secretly believe athletes should be paid and is throwing the first couple of games to win everyone some bets?

Good gracious this is real bad. Sarr surprises everyone by playing and our potential savior puts up zero points, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists in 10 minutes of play. Our entire bench played 58 minutes against Liberty and scored 5 points! How? There's a good chance just pulling up for uncontested 3's at half court would have been more successful.

We have 3 decent players and nothing else. We look worse than NC State last year, and they won 4 ACC games. We only get Pitt once so the over/under for ACC wins today is 3. Jesus.
DCDeac’s go-to move. Lip service criticism of the coaches but saves the real critiques for the players.

The players were bad. The coaches were also bad. I bet tonight the cheerleaders, mascot, and concessions were bad.

But the coaches are the ones getting paid for this mess and they have to be held accountable.

DCDeac’s go-to move. Lip service criticism of the coaches but saves the real critiques for the players.

The players were bad. The coaches were also bad. I bet tonight the cheerleaders, mascot, and concessions were bad.

But the coaches are the ones getting paid for this mess and they have to be held accountable.

This.

I almost paid to watch the game this weekend, now I am glad I will not be able to see them. Unless there is a dramatic turn around this could be the worst season in Wake Forest history.

Is that post game insightful or reflective or is it just going to piss me off?

I started to watch it but I’m already tired of hearing him talk so stopped about a minute in.

Eh, that's pretty fair given my posting history. I do think we made the tourney ahead of schedule last year based on what Manning was handed. I think losing our entire front court is a raw deal for him. I think next year's class is outstanding and we'll be right back in the tournament. I think with even moderately decent play from guys that shouldn't be putting up absurdly bad numbers we win these first two. I've played basketball my whole life and I'll always believe players decide games, not coaches.

But even I didn't mean to pay lip service to the significance of these losses. This is pretty epic on the spectrum of bad, and while making the tourney was impressive last year, our performance there was decidedly not impressive and really spoiled the end of the year in my mind. I buy the excuses above but only to an extent - and it certainly doesn't cover this 0-2 start. The incredibly poor individual performances may have turned what should have been close wins into losses, but if our best outcome is barely beating Ga Southern and Liberty that's sure as shit on the coaches. Tonight's team looked like they were sleep-walking for 75% of the time, which is hard not to correlate with Danny's demeanor.

Lots of season left, but damn.

It’s alright guys, the NCAA is collapsing soon so you shouldn’t worry about your team being terrible for the tenth year in a row.

Stop it with the pc bullshit talk.

Seems appropriate to be disappointed and worried or pessimistic about this team and season. Certainly no fan, player or coach can be happy with what we’ve seen so far.

Hopefully the coaches and team will figure out how to get better.

lol you guys turned on Manning QUICK. We look like a play-in tourney team that lost the best player in college basketball. The heck did y'all expect?

Back