• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Admin to Reverse Ban on Elephant Trophies from Africa

Guys, I'm sure the Trump Administration did this because they want to HELP the elephants and want to see them prosper, unlike Obama.

Somehow I'm guessing elephants did just fine prior to humans inventing weapons that could kill them

If only elephants had guns to protect themselves against people with guns, everything would be just fine.

The problem with elephants is we’re increasing the demand for poaching. This isn’t the same as deer hunting.

The problem with elephants is we’re increasing the demand for poaching. This isn’t the same as deer hunting.

It will also make it much harder to differentiate between legal imports and illegal imports.

Someones gonna make a fortune selling these outside the next President Trump post election rally

9376c6b9f698eca5050af24a94794fd3--elephant-ears-animal-masks.jpg

I want to get back to this scenario of Donald Trump Jr being trampled by an elephant. What death ever in history has been so satisfying? Hitler blowing his brains out in a bunker is good, although it lacks the theatrical or karmic element of Donald Trump Junior shooting at an elephant, his gun jamming, and said elephant stampeding to DJJr and crushing his dick and balls with its giant wrinkly gray elephant foot. Like, it is literally the perfect way for that jackass to go. This ban reversal would almost be worth it if it resulted in this outcome.

Preserving as much habitat as possible and ensuring the survival of the species in the wild is the most important thing. Creating an economic incentive for the locals to preserve them seems like a practical way of achieving of that. I just don't want to lose these animals and wild places because the means of preserving them was distasteful.

Hopefully Donnie Jr won't be able to murder elephants when he fs up his spine doing deadlifts with this form:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVksLAjZZK/?taken-by=donaldjtrumpjr

While I'm composing, I'll thank Ranger for his links. I get the pragmatism of that position, but it boils down to two wrongs to make a right, for me.

He also finished the Murph in 37 mins this year, according to the reputable source of....Donald Trump jr. It's a little off of his personal record of 31:56.

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/donald-trump-jr-murph-challenge

Last edited:
Not to side track the story, but does anyone else love the SNL bits with the Trump sons on Weekend update? They are so good. Those cats are huge raging tools.

Preserving as much habitat as possible and ensuring the survival of the species in the wild is the most important thing. Creating an economic incentive for the locals to preserve them seems like a practical way of achieving of that. I just don't want to lose these animals and wild places because the means of preserving them was distasteful.

the concern is all well and good, but a hundred bucks says the only "conservation" assholes like DT Jr. and Jimmy John care about is keeping more of the species around for them to shoot.

the concern is all well and good, but a hundred bucks says the only "conservation" assholes like DT Jr. and Jimmy John care about is keeping more of the species around for them to shoot.

Yes, that's kind of the point.

These guys are notorious jack asses, but selling extremely limited and expensive trophy hunting permits is about the best way that anyone has come up with actually protecting habitat over there.

NM, I read more of the thread and I think you are making a good case, Ranger.

I think people forget the the vast majority of wildlife conservation in North America has been conducted on the back of hunting revenue. That model can work for Africa and Asia too. The really key here is to make the Trophy hunting more valuable to locals than poaching and illegal hunting, the price tag for a permit has to exceed the value of an ivory tusk on an open market and most of that money has to go back to the local economies. I'd also suggest that DNA bar coding would be an effective way to distinguish legal trophies from illegal poaching.

Last edited:
Back