• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paradise Jam Predictions - How many wins this weekend?

How many wins this weekend for the Deacs?

• Total voters
#83 Georgia Southern followed up the big Wake Forest win by trouncing the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners by 24 points. It ain't no fluke.

I haven't come up with a way to justify the Liberty loss yet, but I will keep trying.

They beat Cal State Bakersfield that bad? Wow that changes things.

CSB is legit they made the semis of the NIT last year.

SDeacz, let's make a bet then. You win if Wake goes 0-3, I win if they go 3-0. AOR is a push. Sound good?

Trying to think how much I'd wager on that. Definitely $500. Maybe $5k.

CSB is legit they made the semis of the NIT last year.

SDeacz, let's make a bet then. You win if Wake goes 0-3, I win if they go 3-0. AOR is a push. Sound good?

Lifetime ban? JK

I've stated twice, I'm not predicting 0-3. I think in order, 2-1, 1-2, 3-0, 0-3 are the likely scenarios. 1-2 more likely than 3-0, because I think a loss to Liberty, on their home court at 1-1, a team we just got beat by 13 on our court, is more likely than beating Colorado and Houston. I think we could play awful and still beat Drake.

My point was I think predicting 0-3 is not crazy after what we've just seen, losing to two inferior opponents on our home court.

I mean if you truly think that we will go 0-3 in the tournament then you can make a hell of a lot of money this weekend betting $100 on Drake, Quinnipiac, and Drexel outright when we play them.

Go for it.

I mean if you truly think that we will go 0-3 in the tournament then you can make a hell of a lot of money this weekend betting $100 on Drake, Quinnipiac, and Drexel outright when we play them.

Go for it.

Did I ever truly or not truly say that I think we will go 0-3?

Let's set up a board bet. If we don't win three games in this tournament, RJ gets banned.

As is stated every year, KenPom doesn't mean much for another month or so.

So any predictions for our previous games weren't worth a hill of beans. The 11 point victory expected against Drake also is not worth said bean hill.

But I can confirm that Drake beat something called "Coe" 101-54 last Saturday. So they know how to win.

I bet you can get Drake to win outright tomorrow at like +2000. A 12 point favorite in Vegas wins over 95% of the time.

Lifetime ban? JK

I've stated twice, I'm not predicting 0-3. I think in order, 2-1, 1-2, 3-0, 0-3 are the likely scenarios. 1-2 more likely than 3-0, because I think a loss to Liberty, on their home court at 1-1, a team we just got beat by 13 on our court, is more likely than beating Colorado and Houston. I think we could play awful and still beat Drake.

Per KenPom...which you don't have to believe as the gospel, but currently has us as 70th in the country (personally I think we are worse than that, but even if we were 100th or so it wouldn't make a huge difference). There is a lot of time for KenPom to become more accurate since it is going off of two games as a base and other than that just using the off-season. Even if you adjusted each team Wake plays by 50 spots to the better, and Wake 50 spots to the worse, it would still be strong favorites in each of the 3 games it would play to go 0-3.

To go 0-3, Wake would have to go:

Drake (17%)
Quinnipiac (5% ???) State is a 98% chance as KP 97 to beat Presbyterian 344, while Wake is 70th playing 314)
Drexel (20%ish based on where Drake is)

That's roughly 17/10,000 (.0017%) or basically .17/100 (1/5th of 1%) for Wake to lose three straight games to those schools.

I bet you can get Drake to win outright tomorrow at like +2000. A 12 point favorite in Vegas wins over 95% of the time.

Not a bad move. $5 it is.

I won't care if I lose the $5 if Wake wins, and if this Wake teams loses to whatever fake ass # you nerds have Drake ranked as, then I won't feel bad betting against this epic disaster of a team.

Plus it will move closer to taking the belt that's up for grabs now that BKF has been hari kari'd

Per KenPom...which you don't have to believe as the gospel, but currently has us as 70th in the country (personally I think we are worse than that, but even if we were 100th or so it wouldn't make a huge difference). There is a lot of time for KenPom to become more accurate since it is going off of two games as a base and other than that just using the off-season. Even if you adjusted each team Wake plays by 50 spots to the better, and Wake 50 spots to the worse, it would still be strong favorites in each of the 3 games it would play to go 0-3.

To go 0-3, Wake would have to go:

Drake (17%)
Quinnipiac (5% ???) State is a 98% chance as KP 97 to beat Presbyterian 344, while Wake is 70th playing 314)
Drexel (20%ish based on where Drake is)

That's roughly 17/10,000 (.0017%) or basically .17/100 (1/5th of 1%) for Wake to lose three straight games to those schools.

As is stated every year, KenPom doesn't mean much for another month or so.

So any predictions for our previous games weren't worth a hill of beans. The 11 point victory expected against Drake also is not worth said bean hill.

Bean Hill. ANd obviously we aren't 70 if we just lost to a team in the mid 100s by 13 at home.

Lifetime ban? JK

My point was I think predicting 0-3 is not crazy after what we've just seen, losing to two inferior opponents on our home court.

Sorry I thought you meant it was more "outlandish" to predict wake going 3-0 over 0-3. Think we're on the same page. Wake needs to win this tournament if they want any chance of salvaging their season, however unlikely it may be.

That's fine.

Like I said (and I know you don't think we are going 0-3), you can make a shit ton of money betting the underdog outright against Wake the next three games if you think we are going 0-3.

We aren't losing to these guys.

small_IMG_9066_1_.JPG

Doral Moore is going to dominate Kory Kuenstling from Dunkerton High School in Dunkerton, Iowa.

Holy shit, #3 scored 20 points in their first game. I looked at him and thought he was only on the roster as one of those charity things.

Sorry I thought you meant it was more "outlandish" to predict wake going 3-0 over 0-3. Think we're on the same page. Wake needs to win this tournament if they want any chance of salvaging their season, however unlikely it may be.

I may have said that. I guess what I mean, is I wouldn't be that surprised at 3-0 or 0-3. After Liberty and GaSo, nothing would surprise me.

Back