• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paradise Jam Predictions - How many wins this weekend?

How many wins this weekend for the Deacs?

• Total voters

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
The Deacs play three games this weekend @ Liberty University... Starting w/ Drake on Friday night.

With the 0-2 start, I assume expectations have been largely reset... But I am curious to see exactly how negative sentiment is right now.

What will Wake Forest's record be at the Paradise Jam?

Beat Drake
Lose to Colorado
Beat Liberty

2-1, 3rd place.

2 wins

W vs. Drake
W vs. Colorado
L vs. Houston

2nd place

Lose to Georgia Southern, Lose to Liberty, win Paradise Jam. DM lost the first two games tactically.

So does Liberty play before us, because I think we'll win or lose the first game depending on what it takes to get that rematch with the mighty Flames.

Liberty may not even beat Mercer. That's a legit toss-up, even on Liberty's home court.

35% of y'all think we are going to lose to Drake (222), Qunnipiac (314), and Drexel (215) in consecutive games? I get being upset, but let's not be dumb.

Liberty may not even beat Mercer. That's a legit toss-up, even on Liberty's home court.

35% of y'all think we are going to lose to Drake (222), Qunnipiac (314), and Drexel (215) in consecutive games? I get being upset, but let's not be dumb.

I don't think we will. But I didn't think we'd lose to GaSo and Liberty in consecutive games either. I think it's as fine of a prediction as any.

I answered that way out of anger. I personally will go 0-3 watching these games.

We might possible win one game here as defense is totally a dream that is in everyones hearts and minds but not within their bodies. Until these guys as a unit want to make the sacrifice to actually stick their necks out to get in front of people and move with their man every team will score easily against us. This is not to mention putting a body on somebody as they go for a rebound and making a simple effort to grab the basketball. Geez this team so lacks the basic fundamentals of even a good team. What have they been doing since they arrived on campus in August

I don't think we will. But I didn't think we'd lose to GaSo and Liberty in consecutive games either. I think it's as fine of a prediction as any.

In what manner?

GaSo and Liberty are much better teams than those three.

Lol, don't think some people realize how garbage some of the teams in this tournament are.

Wilbekin will hoist the trophy Sunday night on FloHoops while the world watches the Cowboys/Eagles.

Well, I don't really know how Liberty is ranked as compared to those others, but we weren't very competitive against them on our home court. Surely we will get at last one win, but 3 losses is probably as least as likely as 3 wins.

In what manner?

GaSo and Liberty are much better teams than those three.

Liberty is 175. Georgia Southern is 147 "Much better" used loosely, I suppose? Wake Forest 73 in pre-season.

So, because the 73rd ranked team lost to the 175th and 147th best teams (AT HOME), I believe it's possible we could lose to teams in the 200s on a neutral court. Again. I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it's outlandish to think that.

*SI Rankings

Last edited:
I think predicting 3-0 is much more outlandish. We have no reason to believe we can beat Houston 56, or Colorado 101 if we can't handle 147 and 175 at home.

#83 Georgia Southern followed up the big Wake Forest win by trouncing the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners by 24 points. It ain't no fluke.

I haven't come up with a way to justify the Liberty loss yet, but I will keep trying.

Back