• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ancestry.com/23andme3.com Thread

They considered it an honor and it would automatically make all the descendants Mormons. Of course being a Mormon, they would start hitting people up for money and tithing.

If you have spare time, it's a lot of fun to do it yourself. Start with a template of what you know and as many of the details as possible and work back from there. My father did a lot of work, but I've managed to do quite a bit more because of the resources available (free and pay) online. It's pretty amazing what can be discovered.

My brother did this for our family. He'd call me every few months with the latest boring scoop on our ancestors. When he told me I was related to Edward I (Longshanks), I told to call me when he discovered we related to someone cool, like El Cid. Six months later he called to announce that Edward's wife was 5x great grandaughter of El Cid.

My brother did this for our family. He'd call me every few months with the latest boring scoop on our ancestors. When he told me I was related to Edward I (Longshanks), I told to call me when he discovered we related to someone cool, like El Cid. Six months later he called to announce that Edward's wife was 5x great grandaughter of El Cid.

If you believe in Adam and Eve, we're all cousins.

I'll have to check out that connection because I'm related to Longshanks too (as well as Robert The Bruce). So is everybody, so not really a big deal, honestly, but it's still cool. It might be Margaret of France, and my connection is through Eleanor of Castile. Once you hit the royal lines, it's a jackpot. Edward's 4th g-grandfather was William The Conqueror and his 9th g-grandfather was Rollo. William The Conqueror's wife Matilda of Flanders was also related to Rollo through her Capet line, and also Charlemagne and all the badasses there. That's when you start getting into the early saints of the church and stuff. Charlemagne can be traced back all the way to St. Arnulf of Metz in the 500s.

Sunrise in HB, CA is in an hour. I wonder if he'll post before morning prayer.

Last edited:
Looks like ancestry has revamped its categories and tweeked its algorithms a bit.

Looks like ancestry has revamped its categories and tweeked its algorithms a bit.

ELC, RJ explained how OFFENSIVE this thread was. You STILL don't care. You just had to keep going and post again. That is your MO.

You fit well with the Mormoms. Your shit doesn't and never has stunk in your mind.

Of course you will hide behind excuses of "I was just providing an update", it's what you have ALWAYS done.

You won't even consider the pain you cause by trying to find excuse. After all the pain of families and that you are intentionalby causing folks like RJ is of no consequence.

In fact, youREVEL in it.

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of information did you learn about your ancestry - similar stuff to what others have posted? How did you find the half-brother?

My father was adopted, and I know literally nothing about his biological ancestry (aside from him visibly being a white guy). I'm interested in these tests because I just don't know anything.

HTTD, I thought you might be interested in an update. It turns out that my mom's half brother was interested in communicating after all...he'd just been unaware of the direct message feature of ancestry.com. We connected (it was weird, after talking with him it felt like I'd known him all my life) and I finally met him this week during a business trip to San Francisco. I'm still sorting out the emotions but, man, it sure was cool.

Back