• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump calls out Franken: What's that saying about glass houses?

Where is the sexual assault harassment Dr captain Ruth? What he said is sickening and disgusting to hear.

However, They let you do it. What does that mean in your world? Rape? Force?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think it's important to note that the person saying "they let you do it" is the person "doing it" not the people "it" is being done to.

Right, Weinstein probably believes that the women let him do it.

Major difference, Franken issued strong apology and said he would cooperate with any ethics investigation. Trump never apologizes for anything.

Can't apologize when you don't do anything wrong.

Maybe this is a good thing and justified (given society's history of ignoring sexual harassment), but it is interesting how all sexual harassment allegations are now deemed true and are beyond question.

The accused is assessed only on how quickly he apologizes and how unconditional the apology is.

Not saying this is the case in any of the countless accusations that have popped up over the last few months (and there is reliability when the same person is repeatedly accused -- Weinstein), but there will come a time when an accusation is false. Perhaps a necessary over-correction, but scary regardless.

Maybe this is a good thing and justified (given society's history of ignoring sexual harassment), but it is interesting how all sexual harassment allegations are now deemed true and are beyond question.

The accused is assessed only on how quickly he apologizes and how unconditional the apology is.

Not saying this is the case in any of the countless accusations that have popped up over the last few months (and there is reliability when the same person is repeatedly accused -- Weinstein), but there will come a time when an accusation is false. Perhaps a necessary over-correction, but scary regardless.

Well if the accused denies the allegations, some will believe and some won't. That's just how any allegations go.

No, I’m crazy!

I agree with you on the it.

However, we don’t know who it is (I’ll bet there were many it’s) and if they offered sexual favors freely or if they were assaulted.

I hear Trump talking like a pig who uses his fame, fortune and money to have sex with women. Is that shocking to you all?

Seems like the swamp is simply a giant pig pen full of mud. I already believed that long ago.

I know the man doesn't words good, but he didn't say that they "offer it to you" or they "throw it at you". He said that they "let you do it". That's more than a semantic difference.

Trump can't just be another symptom of "the swamp" and an outsider at the same time. Unless "the swamp" isn't just the federal government, but the toxic elements of our good ole boys club with men in power, then I tend to agree with you.

But you (Risc) voted for him knowing that he was a serial sexual predator, pervert, habitual thief, conman, lazy and a liar.

I informed her what medicines to get filled. Helpful advice ignored again.

Well if the accused denies the allegations, some will believe and some won't. That's just how any allegations go.

Yeah, at some point you just have to trust people. Anyone could be a complete waste of space and tie up countless resources making someone defend allegations if they wanted to. Slander could become a real issue/the most tried thing in 2018.

How does suing for slander work? Do you have to prove that you didn't do it? Obviously you could cost public figures more than they could ever get out of you by counter-suing, but just wondering.

There is really no point in actually following Trump on Twitter. Everything he tweets is on the news anyway.

Sexual harassment and assault is about the power that the harasser/assaulter holds over the harassee/asaultee. The key statement in the access Hollywood recording is the "I just start kissing them.... I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you..." part. As a rich and powerful celebrity male he holds power over women and he used it.

Back