• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gator fans thoughts on Dave Clawson

Clawson was on Mark Packer's show this evening. He sounded very satisfied and enthusiastic when Packer mentioned Wake's facilities. The highlight of what I heard was the Packer mention of the HOT NOW sign flashing on Stratford Road.
Damn. Forgot all about that dude. I assume this is on satellite radio?

I stand by my first post on this thread.

I still don’t want Clawson at UF. And he won’t get a look because he hasn’t accomplished anything at Wake that would make an elite program excited to hire him. That was all I was saying.

Elite? Not even in the best conference.

Elite programs usually have elite facilities.

That's fair.

They are on the way, apparently.

I am not sure why we are still talking about this. Has UF put any feelers out about Clawson's interest in the head coaching vacancy?

That's fair.

They are on the way, apparently.

I am not sure why we are still talking about this. Has UF put any feelers out about Clawson's interest in the head coaching vacancy?

Haven't heard of any.

I think UF thinks they're getting Kelly......and will be disappointed when he goes to UCLA

I really like Kelly to UCLA, and think that he would be an outstanding hire for them.

Florida is a pressure cooker similar to Alabama. It takes a homerun hire for the program to fire on all cylinders. With that being said, I imagine they are looking at someone like Frost, Fuente, Mullins, or Campbell. I could be far off considering I do not really know the fanbase that well.

I think UCLA is probably a better fit for him... But I wonder if they'll be able to put enough money together. They have a reputation for being a little cheap at times.

I do think Chip Kelly will end up coaching somewhere next year. There are plenty of jobs open (and there will be more coming open over the next few weeks). If he wants to coach again at the college level, this seems like the ideal time for him to get back in the game. I think the longer he spends at ESPN, the less desirable he becomes as a potential head coach.

Why would DC go to a school, or conference where winning 9 games three years in a row probably gets you fired.

DC has said how happy he and his family are here at Wake- let's enjoy the ride for now and quit worrying about the future. :thumbsup:

duck fook this weekend!

At this point, its not about $$$ for Kelly. He made enough in the NFL to last a lifetime.

Way less pressure to succeed at UCLA and lots of fertile recruiting area around him though not that he needs a ton to make that offense go. What will be interesting will be is to see if that offense will still work with the advancement of speed defenses since he has been out of the college game.

If I am the Gaytors, I am not sold on Frost. Mullen would be a way safer pick and what else does he have to prove in Stark Vegas unless he wants to avoid the pressure cooker in Gainsville.

Damn. Forgot all about that dude. I assume this is on satellite radio?

Sirius Channel 84 (ESPNU). I think the normal hours are 4 - 7 weekdays, although unfortunately the last hour is preempted by Coach K one night each week. Mark seems to be much likeable than his dad.

At this point, its not about $$$ for Kelly. He made enough in the NFL to last a lifetime.

Way less pressure to succeed at UCLA and lots of fertile recruiting area around him though not that he needs a ton to make that offense go. What will be interesting will be is to see if that offense will still work with the advancement of speed defenses since he has been out of the college game.

If I am the Gaytors, I am not sold on Frost. Mullen would be a way safer pick and what else does he have to prove in Stark Vegas unless he wants to avoid the pressure cooker in Gainsville.
Plus you get to live in LA versus Gainesville

Mullen's wife hates Gainesville and UF fans (she's said so in the press) and Mullen and "AD Emeritus" Jeremy Foley were on bad terms when Mullen left UF. I'd be surprised if he's the hire. I think it's a very bad fit on the personal side.

Gainesville is actually a great city. Affordable housing, tons of recreational and cultural offerings, good restaurants and nightlife for all ages, and Shands UF is one of the top medical facilities in the country. But it's a fishbowl for a head football coach. The football coach at UF is the town's one and only celebrity. Basketball is ranked 7th and...nobody cares. Half the town doesn't know Mike White's name.

Fun fact: Dan Mullen went to Ursinus College -- D3 school in PA. Not really relevant to this thread, but just learned that fact over the weekend. Just assumed that he played football and attended college in the deep South.

The Gaytors? Are you eight years old? What a homophobic idiot.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you had special rules and qualifiers.

Pretty dumb to base most of your argument on an era where black kids couldn’t even play. What’s next, going to convince me that Army is an elite program?

It’s gonna be Kelly at UF. He saw that LA traffic video and also wants to work for a Nike school. Ts and Ps to Shorty’s bulldogs.

Back