• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Premier Wellman, step up and do the right thing

SC is likely right, he won’t be fired mid season. But he probably should. It is amazing that on November 17, we are practically eliminated from at large hopes.

I know everybody is pissed but you are embarrassing yourself if you think that Manning is getting fired anytime soon. That is absolutely not going to happen during the season. Jeff fucking [Redacted] didn't get fired in the middle of a season so Danny Manning sure isn't either. After the season is over? Maybe, maybe not as Manning has a lot of things going for him that [Redacted] did not. But just STFU with this shit.

People get fired for poor performance every day. There's no embarrassment when asking for more than this. It's really simple.

The problem is systemic. 4 years and each one has had shit defense. No way all those elite athletes were unable to be coached to play defense.

Seems like you could just good how to play basketball defense for dummies and do better than Manning.

SC is likely right, he won’t be fired mid season. But he probably should. It is amazing that on November 17, we are practically eliminated from at large hopes.

That's a hell of a way to put it.

When the Joel shows empty in nationally televised games?

I would say the value of a Wake ticket is somewhere around (-$50.00 ) a piece as that is what you would have to pat me to spend my evening at a game.

Who is going to fill that big old Colosseum?

That's a hell of a way to put it.

It really sucks for a team like Ga Southern if they don’t win their conference, but are good enough to be considered for an at large. At this rate they won’t even be able to claim a quality win for beating an ACC team.

It is November of year 4...fire the POS now!

You never know. [Redacted] was a Wellman hire. Went with his gut. Chose him without a search committee. Promised him support as he rebuilt the program even if we weren't competitive.

By all reports Manning wasn't Wellman's hire. He's not Wellman's guy. Hell, Wellman probably still thinks [Redacted] would have been successful in a couple more years and Manning was a shallow, big-name hire.

hah, I didn't think of that. Ga. Southern has to be thinking WTF right now.

You never know. [name redacted] was a Wellman hire. Went with his gut. Chose him without a search committee. Promised him support as he rebuilt the program even if we weren't competitive.

By all reports Manning wasn't Wellman's hire. He's not Wellman's guy. Hell, Wellman probably still thinks [name redacted] would have been successful in a couple more years and Manning was a shallow, big-name hire.

Who’s hire was he? Who was instrumental in getting Danny hired?

You never know. [Redacted] was a Wellman hire. Went with his gut. Chose him without a search committee. Promised him support as he rebuilt the program even if we weren't competitive.

By all reports Manning wasn't Wellman's hire. He's not Wellman's guy. Hell, Wellman probably still thinks [Redacted] would have been successful in a couple more years and Manning was a shallow, big-name hire.

Rebuilt a program that was coming off a tournament win and had top ranked recruits?

Who was responsible for the manning hire if not Wellman?

I mean it’s like Danny was at a bar this summer and somebody said Wake will never have a coach worse the [Redacted] and Danny said “hold my beer.”

Back