• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

7-4 bitches

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
7-4 and a chance to beat duke and get to 8. Enough said. Props to claw. That's how you turn a program around. And props to Wolford. Outstanding senior play from a tough kid who deserves it.

And that's with a really tough schedule. Had to beat Louisville who despite not being great is a tough win and I didn't have us beating a state team that's better than they've been in a while. Great season and a game left to win. Expectations exceeded for this fan. Keep pounding.

Remember how we were saying at the beginning of the year that the team would be better but we probably wouldn't see it in the record because of the schedule?

Couldn’t agree more Turd...football is effing fun again and Claw is getting it done just like he said he would when he took the job. He has passion and his players reflect it.

He’ll leave one day but not anytime soon.

Being at the game...beating State who was being discussed as a final 4 possibility and watching their whiney ass fans bitch while leaving was a wonderful thing to behold

I was one of those. Our opening up of the offense was why it happened. After 14 in the first quarter the state fans around me said they couldn't stop us. We're too explosive. Damn I've been waiting to hear that.

Remember how we were saying at the beginning of the year that the team would be better but we probably wouldn't see it in the record because of the schedule?

Yeah, I remember saying if we won 6 games it would be much better than winning 6 last year because of the schedule. Now we’ve got 7 and hopefully 8 if we beat Duke. Won’t be easy though, Duke is playing for a bowl next week.

Couldn’t agree more Turd...football is effing fun again and Claw is getting it done just like he said he would when he took the job. He has passion and his players reflect it.

Being at the game...beating State who was being discussed as a final 4 possibility and watching their whiney ass fans bitch while leaving was a wonderful thing to behold

Beating state in football is the best feeling I ever have as a wake fan. Goddamn I love it.

I was one of those. Our opening up of the offense was why it happened. After 14 in the first half the state fans around me said they couldn't stop us. We're too explosive. Damn I've been waiting to hear that.

The offense didn’t have its best day, but still put up 30 on State’s tough defense. I mean think about that, off night for the O still put up 30. Wolford did not get sacked, the Oline deserves so much credit for this season.

Not out best day but state is good. And we put up points. Outstanding offense. Props. Oline was great

The offense didn’t have its best day, but still put up 30 on State’s tough defense. I mean think about that, off night for the O still put up 30. Wolford did not get sacked, the Oline deserves so much credit for this season.

Great point. The offensive line has been fantastic. Not something people might asscociate with a program and small school like Wake. They have played together as a group and with superb effort. That group plays HARD.

This concerns me.

All coaches leave eventually. Either they move on to a bigger job or they lose their fire and/or can't replace assistants and can't keep up their level of performance.

We've had successful teams before and some near-miss teams before. One of the most exciting differences to me this season is the results Clawson is getting despite the injuries. Imagine some of our previous teams losing guys with the value of Dortch, Ejiofor, Cade, Bates - and STILL beating a ranked opponent like NC State who is no-bullshit good. We've never had this kind of depth before that I can remember. Imagine the ACC Champ team losing Kenny Moore, Kevin Harris, Curry, Gattis? Great stuff.

Great point. The offensive line has been fantastic. Not something people might asscociate with a program and small school like Wake. They have played together as a group and with superb effort. That group plays HARD.

And there are no seniors.

A program like Tennessee would likely take a good long look at Clawson. Especially if we get to 8 wins and a marquee bowl.

Clawson isn't going to Tennessee given the history between the two. He's more likely to be coaching the Golden State Warriors next year than he is to go to Knoxville.

A program like Tennessee would likely take a good long look at Clawson. Especially if we get to 8 wins and a marquee bowl.

We don’t have to worry about Tennessee, as has been stated he was OC under Fulmer one season, didn’t go well and he got blamed. Only Lane Kiffin has less chance of being the next Tennessee coach.

Back