• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

7-4 bitches

Clawson isn't going to Tennessee given the history between the two. He's more likely to be coaching the Golden State Warriors next year than he is to go to Knoxville.

Does Claw coach basketball too?
Wow. Multi- talented guy.
I didn't even know the Warriors were looking for a coach. Thought they'd been doing pretty good.

Remember how we were saying at the beginning of the year that the team would be better but we probably wouldn't see it in the record because of the schedule?

I said at least 7 wins. Teams wouldn’t know our plays, experienced Oline, good RB’s & lots of weapons. Solid D that was building depth. I said we were better than Louisville, BC, Syracuse, App, Presbyterian & Duke. Plus we could play with FSU, ND, State & GT. Only team that much better than us was Clemson. (I was surprised by ND’s success but I guess Elmo made a huge difference plus they were healthier)

After some time to reflect on the huge win against NC State, I am beyond happy with this program and Clawson. Great job Deac football.

As crazy as this sounds though, I enjoyed beating Louisville more than beating NC State. I feel like Louisville might become a true rival of ours beyond just the football field. Thoughts?

After some time to reflect on the huge win against NC State, I am beyond happy with this program and Clawson. Great job Deac football.

As crazy as this sounds though, I enjoyed beating Louisville more than beating NC State. I feel like Louisville might become a true rival of ours beyond just the football field. Thoughts?

Moo-U will always be a bigger rivalry. Not even close. What I've seen from Clawson is a consistent improvement over four years. Each year, each month and each week we have gotten better and it's very visible even to the casual fan such as my wife. As Reff said, the only game where an opponent was clearly better was Clemson and even that was a 28-14 final.

Did you see Clawson's post-game presser comments? If not, I encourage you to do so. He clearly states he decided to remove, and quoting here "the training wheels" from the offense.

We've had successful teams before and some near-miss teams before. One of the most exciting differences to me this season is the results Clawson is getting despite the injuries. Imagine some of our previous teams losing guys with the value of Dortch, Ejiofor, Cade, Bates - and STILL beating a ranked opponent like NC State who is no-bullshit good. We've never had this kind of depth before that I can remember. Imagine the ACC Champ team losing Kenny Moore, Kevin Harris, Curry, Gattis? Great stuff.

Well, we did lose our starting quarterback at the beginning of the season and then pretty much all of our running backs. Fortunately, our D stayed healthy as they were the "reason for the season".

...As crazy as this sounds though, I enjoyed beating Louisville more than beating NC State. I feel like Louisville might become a true rival of ours beyond just the football field. Thoughts?

I enjoyed WF beating UL more because of stolen plays/Petrino and nothing really beyond that. I don't think they should be in the ACC and every big state school has obnoxious fans, etc., but although WF-State might not be the oldest rivalry involving current ACC teams, it is the longest-running rivalry.

UL is tied to UK and WF is tied to Tobacco Road. I Don't see that changing and don't want it to either.

ETA: WF did crush whatever remnant of hope was left of State having a historic season by finishing with 7 conference wins for the first time. That was pretty satisfying and strengthens the rivalry.

Last edited:
Well, we did lose our starting quarterback at the beginning of the season and then pretty much all of our running backs. Fortunately, our D stayed healthy as they were the "reason for the season".

Yea. That team had a ton of key injuries. Jeremy Thompson too IIRC.

I think Louisville is assuming the role that MD had of program that isn't a main rival but feels really good to beat them. Minus the boards rivalry of course.

Clawson isn't going to Tennessee given the history between the two. He's more likely to be coaching the Golden State Warriors next year than he is to go to Knoxville.

We don’t have to worry about Tennessee, as has been stated he was OC under Fulmer one season, didn’t go well and he got blamed. Only Lane Kiffin has less chance of being the next Tennessee coach.

Fair points about Tenn, but I'm just mentally preparing myself for the inevitable attention Clawson will receive as we continue to get better. If not UCLA or some other program this year, it will be someone else next year or soon thereafter.

I think Louisville is assuming the role that MD had of program that isn't a main rival but feels really good to beat them. Minus the boards rivalry of course.

Interesting take.

WRT State/UL, being a local I'd take a win against State over pretty much anyone else in football. Nothing quite like salty state fans rushing out of BB&T stadium.

Interesting take.

WRT State/UL, being a local I'd take a win against State over pretty much anyone else in football. Nothing quite like salty state fans rushing out of BB&T stadium.

Walking into the game we heard cow college chants all through the LJVM parking lot.

Walking out from the game we blasted them back with the WAKE FOREST chant.

It was a beautiful thing. :dancindeac:

So... Louisville = Maryland

New ACC rival confirmed :mad:

Honestly, I enjoyed beating both of these teams this year and I hope to have a lot more bitter games with them :heart:

Certainly greatly enjoyed both wins. However, it was in the Louisville game that our offense exploded for the first time making the game very memorable. Great to beat NCSU, but by then we knew our offense was capable.

LOL... Frankly I'm shocked that an NC State fan would enjoy beating Louisville more than State. SHOCKED.

What is your user name on PackPride.com?

Back