• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TJDK

I'm also excited for 6'4 Waydale Jones eventually. Not only an awesome name, but he caught 3 TDs in 8 games as a senior?! That's all our WRs do, have 3 TD games!

1attempting-to-give-a-fuck.jpg

Hinton has moved the ball quite well this season when he's played and the offense is opened up.

I'm also excited for 6'4 Waydale Jones eventually. Not only an awesome name, but he caught 3 TDs in 8 games as a senior?! That's all our WRs do, have 3 TD games!

Forgot about him. Surratt is 6-3/210. That's great size too.

State loses Samuels and Finley (sp?) and a LOT on defense iirc. They’re probably mad because this was their year to be great and and won’t be any time soon.

I think Bachman and Lewis should switch sides. I don't have any proof, but for some reason I feel like Lewis is a good blocker. That could be dangerous with Dortch and Hines in the slot. Also, Bachman seems to be pretty darn good at getting behind his guy in man coverage. With as good as Hinton throws a deep ball, then they might be able to connect pretty often.

Next years WR's could be the deepest and best Wake has had in a looong time.

I think Bachman and Lewis should switch sides. I don't have any proof, but for some reason I feel like Lewis is a good blocker. That could be dangerous with Dortch and Hines in the slot. Also, Bachman seems to be pretty darn good at getting behind his guy in man coverage. With as good as Hinton throws a deep ball, then they might be able to connect pretty often.

Next years WR's could be the deepest and best Wake has had in a looong time.

I think you are right but Givens and Campanaro put up some monster numbers.

State loses a lot of good players and I'm not sure what kind of incentive there is for Finley to stay because I can't see how his draft stock goes up next year. Same for Jackson at UL. I'd listen but would have a hard time being convinced that the Francois injury is the reason why FSU is 4-6 and not 8-2 or 9-1. We lose some key players, but I'd take our returning group all day long over the others.

State will be in the cellar next year. This was supposed their breakout year.

I think the Atlantic will look like this next year:

Clemson
Wake
Florida State
Boston College
Louisville
Syracuse
NC State

I think you are right but Givens and Campanaro put up some monster numbers.

I think Dortch and Hines should combine for Campanaro level production in the slot and the overall depth and talent should surpass what those two did.

They were pretty darn good together though.

Clemson
Wake
Florida State
Boston College
Louisville
Syracuse
NC State

I would swap Louisville with State. Without Lamar they might be trash.

Clemson
Wake
Florida State
Boston College
Louisville
Syracuse
NC State

Oh Fuck Yeah Demon Deacon powerhouse the next two years

I expect Lewis would be a candidate to graduate and take a 5th year somewhere else. Hope he stays, but could understand if he left. It would require one of Surrat/Jones to step up behind Washington at that spot.

Speaking of grad transfers looks like we lost a lot with Josh Okonye and Julian Jackson leaving. They both start for Purdue and Texas ElPaso, respectively. The two we picked up are way down on the depth chart. Would have been nice to have Okonye at CB and Jackson at LB this year as we have struggled. But I am very excited about our DB's for the future. It will soon be an area of strength again.

Show them this:

Yup. I'm sure early on there were a lot of folks that wanted to see Hinton over Wolford and it was close to being that. I was one of those people and that's what people from other schools don't understand. Hinton is a baller and I think as long as he stays healthy, he's going to be pretty good. Btw, can we keep getting QB's from Florida? They seem to work out pretty good.

Yup. I'm sure early on there were a lot of folks that wanted to see Hinton over Wolford and it was close to being that. I was one of those people and that's what people from other schools don't understand. Hinton is a baller and I think as long as he stays healthy, he's going to be pretty good. Btw, can we keep getting QB's from Florida? They seem to work out pretty good.
Jacksonville, to be more specific.

If the two Observers would run stories on Wake these folks would have a chance to know better than to make such uninformed predictions of WF’s decline.

Back