• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FCC set to repeal net neutrality

Maybe it will be held up in court long enough for 2018 election and voting these assholes out of office. Talk about not listening to your constituents.

Protest voting because you didn’t get exactly what you wanted seems to be working out pretty great. Put this in the pile of things passed that disproportionately effect the poor and less off.

Here come the lawsuits, also always nice to take jabs at the baby in the white office.

Washington AG Ferguson “We are 5-0 against the Trump administration because they often fail to follow the law when taking executive action. There is a strong legal argument that with this action, the federal government violated the Administrative Procedure Act- again. “

Protest voting because you didn’t get exactly what you wanted seems to be working out pretty great. Put this in the pile of things passed that disproportionately effect the poor and less off.
Will you stop with this stupid shit? You apparently have no clue who I voted for, though i've stated it many times on this board. If you're going to be an asshole, at least know what the fuck you're talking about.

NY AG is suing to stop this ruling. 23 Million people have commented on the change. According to Schniederman at least 10M (and likely many more) are totally fraudulent. Some of which are bots. Others are identity theft trying to look like real people.

Included in these identity theft posts are ones alleging to be members of Schneiderman's staff and their families.

Schneiderman says the fact there were multiple crimes happening makes the change illegal until all cases are investigated.

This is what the NY AG is saying not me.

this is the vote my company dreaded in RVA.

this isn't just about ISPs. anything you CAN buy on the internet is about to explode in price and decrease in options.

good small business jobs w/ benefits are about to become seasonal amazon.com gigs.

the people defending this bullshit better be in bed with the big players already, because the lower/middle class fucking that's about to happen is epic.

Could you explain? That's an angle I hadn't heard yet.

Ah. You're talking about Amazon paying the ISPs to squeeze out the competition then raising prices.

Ah. You're talking about Amazon paying the ISPs to squeeze out the competition then raising prices.

yeah, fundamentally... that's it.

so many american jobs are now, at this moment, at least partially supported/subsidized by business done online by less-than-mega corporations.

walmart/amazon/etc can squeeze that competition out now within a matter of months.

i'm not exaggerating... we literally had this conversation with every potential hire. if this FCC vote happened, we were toast.

for the sake of transparency... among other businesses, i ran a hat site.

we sold through the major outlets (ebay/amazon), but we also had our stand-alone sites. when we sold a $50 hat through amazon, we'd lose money... but we'd package it right & make sure our customer service was top notch. we would try to point customers directly to our site.

if our job was done right, we'd gain that customer. they would buy the hat from us the next time (still $50) and we'd make a small margin.

^ that part is what kept us in business. if you impede our ability to serve the customer... amazon can fleece everybody. the next time you go to buy the hat, the service isn't there and the price is what amazon says it is.

old-timers will like to think this is capitalism... but it isn't.

the internet is still a relatively new thing and 99.9% of the country is about to be shot in the foot by their own publicly elected officials.

Last edited:
So basically...

So basically...

it's funny because i don't think i've drawn that comparison in things i've written or read online, but conversationally... for years, it's what i always point towards.

we are heading straight for the world in Wall-E. If Elon can get us off of this rock already, at least.

eta: i think the big disconnect message-wise, with the general public, is how the GOP stands to gain from this. mega-corps can throw massive amounts of money at this issue, on both sides of the aisle, to normalize the ideas that a repeal of NN entails.

nothing short of a free, unencumbered internet prevents this plague from dooming american small business.

Last edited:
I've probably posted something like this before. A prequel to WALL-E would be a gritty depressing cynical take on society. When you look at how relatively few people are on the ships, it makes sense to extrapolate that those are the descendants of the most privileged people. They're the ones who made it out. If you look at it that way, you realize why the wealthiest Americans don't care about the consequences. Even if we all lose, they win.

So why should they care about the environment, or climate change, or preserving an actual free market economy? They win regardless while the rest of us get screwed. How stupid to you have to be to think Donald Trump cares about you?

it makes sense to extrapolate that those are the descendants of the most privileged people. They're the ones who made it out. If you look at it that way, you realize why the wealthiest Americans don't care about the consequences. Even if we all lose, they win.

Also:

Back