• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FCC set to repeal net neutrality

Well, if it's an Obama-era policy, then I guess it has to go no matter what, right? Whatever gets the heat off of the Russia investigation and angers...well, this one should anger everyone that doesn't own a multi-billion dollar website.

Well, if it's an Obama-era policy, then I guess it has to go no matter what, right? Whatever gets the heat off of the Russia investigation and angers...well, this one should anger everyone that doesn't own a multi-billion dollar website.

It won't anger the rubes. The rubes will not care.

NY AG probing ‘massive scheme’ to influence FCC with fake net neutrality comments

Nope. Everything the dems don't like is foiled by Russia

NY AG probing ‘massive scheme’ to influence FCC with fake net neutrality comments

This will be interesting to watch. I can't find a report of whether the astroturfing was conducted in support of net neutrality or not.

Regardless, it was only a matter of time before DC advocacy groups adopted the Russian troll playbook. Why persuade/inform/educate someone to support/oppose an issue and encourage them to contact their legislators when you can create a fake movement instead?

This will be interesting to watch. I can't find a report of whether the astroturfing was conducted in support of net neutrality or not.

It was only a matter of time before DC advocacy groups adopted the Russian troll playbook. Why persuade/inform/educate someone to support/oppose an issue and encourage them to contact their legislators when you can create a fake movement instead?

makes you start wondering how legit your twitter feed is

would have been nice to link how to get our voices heard

See contact information for the five FCC commissioners: https://www.fcc.gov/about/leadership

The two Democratic-appointed commissioners are Mignon Clyburn (Representative James Clyburn's daughter) and Jessica Rosenworcel, author of the LAT editorial (recently reappointed by DJT after her expired in early 2017).

Ajit Pai Thinks You're Stupid Enough to Buy This Crap [Update: One of the 7 Things Is Dancing With a Pizzagater]

The chairman of the FCC made a condescending video to sell his plan to get rid of net neutrality. It included him doing the Harlem Shake (the overplayed fad flash mob dancing not the real one) with a conspiracy theorist.

Two senators make final call to cancel net neutrality vote

Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Angus King, Jr. (I-ME) have sent a last-minute letter calling for FCC chairman Ajit Pai to cancel today’s net neutrality vote. “Repealing the FCC’s net neutrality rules will undermine long-standing protections that that have ensured the open internet as a powerful and transformative platform of innovation and economic opportunity,” they write. “We respectfully ask that the commission cancel the vote on the proposed order as scheduled and give Congress and the FCC the time to hold public hearings in 2018.”

Goodbye to those of you whose ISP won't let you post here anymore.

Back