• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

NCAA stats- dloral leads the nation in FG% by 5.5%. that's a lot. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics

Last year, doral shot 52.5%; as a forsh 64.9%. This year 84.4%. I'm not sure in what world you live, As a frosh he averaged 2.6 rpg; as a soph, 2.2rpg. so far this year 7.6 rpg.

Before you say, "he's playing more mpg", there were plenty of minutes the past two years if he was good enough.

Don't make excuses to justify a bizarre position, that Doarl hasn't improved that much.

Beforn

No, I meant a link showing that I was denying that he has improved.

Re-read that hypothetical. I’ll explain it if I have to.

You are not remaining in a state of uncertainty. You picked a hypothesis because you felt it was more reasonable and haven’t been convinced otherwise. All while refusing to actually argue for your position with data. That’s not an argument and it’s not scientific.

Like I said before. You win. I'll settle out of court and sign a non-disclosure. Nicely done counselor.

There is just no way that this is true.

ETA: RJ neg-repped this post. What a damn baby. Show your work or GTFOH.

Because I had shown the work EARLIER:

"How about if I don't extrapolate?

I looked at the NBA drafts from 2006-17. I found 25 players picked in the Top 20 who were listed as PF or C and weren't ranked in Rivals Top 25. Of those 25 players, 5 were coached by Danny Manning. That's 20%."

Birdman accepted it.

I went even further to show the breakdown of the schools who did what we were talking about:

"The most anyone else had was two:

FL
KY
UConn
AZ

Before you say anything, other players came from teams that didn't have much upward motion of coaches like Rider, Bradley, Colorado State, Nevada, BC, St. Bonnie's, Iowa State and VCU (Shaka and his staff had no others)."

AGAIN, everyone accepted this, except your lazy ass.

I kept things quiet, private and civil, but you couldn't help yourself. Therefore you get treated in the same disrespectful manner you felt necessary to post. You chose to make it this way.

YES, I Neg Repped you for being too lazy, too arrogant and too dishonest to READ.

It is you who is a lazy, dishonest baby, but that has been your MO for years.

Last edited:
Re-read that hypothetical. I’ll explain it if I have to.

You are not remaining in a state of uncertainty. You picked a hypothesis because you felt it was more reasonable and haven’t been convinced otherwise. All while refusing to actually argue for your position with data. That’s not an argument and it’s not scientific.

Yeah, I misread that hypothetical, my bad. I thought you were presenting me with an interesting case to consider, but no so much. I am in a state of uncertainty with respect to Manning's quality as a big man coach. You can keep repeating what you think my position is but you are only psuedo-replicating your incorrect belief that I think manning is not a good big man coach, when all I've said is that I'm not convinced he is great.

Whew, what a discussion. Plaudits to all involved. birdman, your response to the evidence supplied by RJK is encouraging. You have also provided criteria acceptable to you to reject a null position on Manning's ability to develop "big" men and accept the belief he is an outstanding "big" man coach. That's an open mind. For the sake of all Demon Deacon fans, here's hoping Doral Moore improves sufficiently to be drafted by the NBA.

If Doral continues to play well as the competition gets toigher that will be a major plus for Wake and Danny's reputation as a big man coach. With Doral, Ryan Horn gets a significant assist. Doral is playing major minutes without passing out.

Does Doral have nba upside? I really don’t know. A seven footer who can rebound and dunk but isn’t very good defensively and is limited offensively away from the basket? He blocks shots but he’s not great IMO in man to man defense and fouls too much (although he’s improving)

Does Doral have nba upside? I really don’t know. A seven footer who can rebound and dunk but isn’t very good defensively and is limited offensively away from the basket? He blocks shots but he’s not great IMO in man to man defense and fouls too much (although he’s improving)

JAVALE!

Yes. He's barely played.

Doral is more and more looking like many bigs who just take a long time to develop. This year looks like significant improvement over his two previous years. Many things contribute to this. Growing up. Better conditioning. Danny's coaching. Watching JC last year play and then get paid has to be a motivating factor.

His ability to stay on the court and play is much much much better than it has been since he got to Wake. Ryan Horn, take a bow for that. His court time this year will be limited by his fouls, not his body.

Where did Ryan Horn come from? Was he at Kansas with Danny? Tulsa?

Horn was with Danny at Tulsa and at VCU before that.

VCU assistant coaches, man.

So I'm going to assume our boy Horn helped Skeen buff up and get over his knee problems, the timing seems to work out if I'm reading that bio right.

Back