• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Where did Ryan Horn come from? Was he at Kansas with Danny? Tulsa?

Some say he's always been. Others tell tales of his spawning complete in the deep wood, the result of a collision between a monstrous grizzly bear and a rockslide.

Some say he's always been. Others tell tales of his spawning complete in the deep wood, the result of a collision between a monstrous grizzly bear and a rockslide.

His beard game is strong to quite strong!

There is a folk song describing his conception: The Bear and the Maiden Fair.

With a double double of 20 and 11 I think and 9/10 from the field this may have been his best game yet and he finished with three fouls of which two were within 90 seconds.

Last edited:
JC was foul prone too, and he overcame it. Sometime it’s just a matter of trying to do too much. Doral can be very good just by being 7’1”.
Yep moore should get 8 and 6 most games just being an athletic 7 footer on alley oops and putbacks

Several of Doral's fouls last night were the results of reaching. Because he is so tall and has such a long reach, he tends to go after balls that are indeed within his reach but he must go over opposing players to get them. Which he can do; but not without risking foul calls. He has become much more aggressive on the boards, but is still figuring out when he must dial back on his assertiveness.

He has the potential to be the most effective low post player Wake has had that was not named Duncan. It will be interesting to see how he plays against ACC competition. He has the skill to do well; but I fear his lack of discipline may keep him on the bench in foul trouble.

Several of Doral's fouls last night were the results of reaching. Because he is so tall and has such a long reach, he tends to go after balls that are indeed within his reach but he must go over opposing players to get them. Which he can do; but not without risking foul calls. He has become much more aggressive on the boards, but is still figuring out when he must dial back on his assertiveness.

He has the potential to be the most effective low post player Wake has had that was not named Duncan. It will be interesting to see how he plays against ACC competition. He has the skill to do well; but I fear his lack of discipline may keep him on the bench in foul trouble.

That’s a bold statement considering who we had in the low post just last year.

That’s a bold statement considering who we had in the low post just last year.

Yes, but Collins was not strictly a low post player, was he? He moved away from the basket a good deal and had a good jump shot. Doral's game is more restricted that John's, but is potentially unstoppable if he can stay in the game.

Yes, but Collins was not strictly a low post player, was he? He moved away from the basket a good deal and had a good jump shot. Doral's game is more restricted that John's, but is potentially unstoppable if he can stay in the game.

Neither was Tim. JC did most of his damage on the block.

Does Doral have nba upside? I really don’t know. A seven footer who can rebound and dunk but isn’t very good defensively and is limited offensively away from the basket? He blocks shots but he’s not great IMO in man to man defense and fouls too much (although he’s improving)

I have thought a lot about this as well. At this point I don't see it. He isn't quick enough to play at that level right now. But if he continues to improve and plays next year at an even higher level I could see him being drafted ala Jeff Withey or Cole Aldrich (ironically 2 big men that Manning coached and who left as juniors and seniors). We will see. It wouldn't shock me to see him in the league, but I don't expect it after this year. I think he plays as a senior in the black and gold.

JC was foul prone too, and he overcame it. Sometime it’s just a matter of trying to do too much. Doral can be very good just by being 7’1”.

When did JC overcome his foul problems? Is this a post from some future time?

Teachy was a great center for us, but he was small and played it because he had to. JC was our best option for C, but personally, I thought of him as a PF playing C. The reality is we haven't had a lot of true centers that could contribute. The key with Doral is that just because of his absolute size he can be a force on both the offensive and defensive ends. We have not had many of those players in our history. All that being said he's going to need to do it in the ACC as well.

The closest wake ever got to the final four in my lifetime. We should have won that game dammit

People forget how good Songailia was. Big E also better.

People forget how good Songailia was. Big E also better.

Darius was one of my favorite Wake players but his effectiveness was impeded by foul trouble...much of it, I'm convinced, was due to reputation and not actual fouling. Big E was good but he did not play above the rim. Just a guess, but I suspect that Doral already has more dunks than he did for his entire career.

Moore plays bigger than almost any Wake big man except for Duncan. We have had tall players who did not play tall. Doral plays tall.

Back