• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

The Deacons have had several good low post players since Duncan. Most have been mentioned. Doral may prove to be the best low post defensive presence since Duncan. He is long, strong and not easily displaced from his position. He bloicks shots and alters more. The Deacs have had some shot blockers since Duncan but most could be muscled out of position. As long as he keeps his hands straight up he will pose a problem for opponents.

The Deacons have had several good low post players since Duncan. Most have been mentioned. Doral may prove to be the best low post defensive presence since Duncan. He is long, strong and not easily displaced from his position. He bloicks shots and alters more. The Deacs have had some shot blockers since Duncan but most could be muscled out of position. As long as he keeps his hands straight up he will pose a problem for opponents.

I'm interested to see how this plays out in conference.

In some ways, might be a wash for Doral to go against bigger guys. Kind of paradoxical, but I get sense it is harder for him to play much smaller guys. If he plays physical, he gets ticky-tack fouls trying to establish position and over-the-back calls. Also more susceptible to quick players reaching around and deflecting entry passes. Sarr on the other hand is likely to get abused physically in conference---since he has been getting abused out of conference....

In some ways, might be a wash for Doral to go against bigger guys. Kind of paradoxical, but I get sense it is harder for him to play much smaller guys. If he plays physical, he gets ticky-tack fouls trying to establish position and over-the-back calls. Also more susceptible to quick players reaching around and deflecting entry passes. Sarr on the other hand is likely to get abused physically in conference---since he has been getting abused out of conference....

These are my thoughts exactly.

I haven't been able to watch Sarr enough to know, but if he has good handles he can take his man away from the basket (assuming he is matched against a big) and take him to the basket utilizing his size and quickness. I suspect that is part of the rationale for the 3s he has been taking (without much success, it seems)

He's 1-6 on the year. I don't think we should write him off just yet. He really just needs to make enough where other teams can't leave him open. I don't really know what that number is, but guessing 33% would do the trick to open things up aa bit.

Ahh yes, the mythical ACC 240lb Power Forwards.

The average largest rotation player on non-Wake ACC teams this year is 6-10.7, 240. The average second largest rotation player is 6-8.5, 225. Only Duke, Clemson, State, and ND have two rotation guys that are at least 240lb.

Wendell Carter Jr., Marques Bolden, and Yurtseven are the only guys in the ACC that really match up to Doral size wise.

Ahh yes, the mythical ACC 240lb Power Forwards.

The average largest rotation player on non-Wake ACC teams this year is 6-10.7, 240. The average second largest rotation player is 6-8.5, 225. Only Duke, Clemson, State, and ND have two rotation guys that are at least 240lb.

Wendell Carter Jr., Marques Bolden, and Yurtseven are the only guys in the ACC that really match up to Doral size wise.

Dishonest, snarky douchebag alert...yep, the context of that comment was about playing Chaundee at PF or playing our four small guards together.

How has playing them together against inferior teams worked? Oh, yeah, it has failed miserably.

Dishonest, snarky douchebag alert...yep, the context of that comment was about playing Chaundee at PF or playing our four small guards together.

How has playing them together against inferior teams worked? Oh, yeah, it has failed miserably.

What? Where were Chaundee and 4 guard line ups brought up related to this comment?

What? Where were Chaundee and 4 guard line ups brought up related to this comment?

"Ahh yes, the mythical ACC 240lb Power Forwards."

That's EXACTLY what the comment RCHill used was related to when I made it.

Happy Holidays RJ!

"Ahh yes, the mythical ACC 240lb Power Forwards."

That's EXACTLY what the comment RCHill used was related to when I made it.

I doubt it’s EXACTLY the comment I made in that discussion. Similar for sure, but not exactly the same.

I don’t know what the data says about our performance with Chaundee at the 4. He has struggled compared to expectations so far (I’m not worried so far) and other guys have stepped up recently (Sarr and Eggleston primarily) meaning there isn’t much need to play Chaundee there.

My comments about the “mythical 240lb ACC power forward” we’re both factually correct and meant to indicate that Chaundee wouldn’t be at much of a physical disadvantage against most ACC 4s.

I never suggested that playing Chill, Crawford, Keyshawn, and Wilbekin was a good idea or likely to happen. I also never suggested that playing Chaundee at the 4 would be particularly successful, merely that it might be our most viable option if Sarr/Eggleston weren’t ready to play.

Whether it's 6'8, 215 Devonte Graham or 6'8, 240, Luke Maye or even 6'8, 215 Oshea Brissett or Wendell Carter, 6'8 vs. 6'5 is a physical mismatch at this level if both players can play.

My bad, you know everything and are never wrong.

My comments about the “mythical 240lb ACC power forward” we’re both factually correct and meant to indicate that Chaundee wouldn’t be at much of a physical disadvantage against most ACC 4s.

but...you were responding to a line of conversation regarding Doral Moore (he's a 5) being able to establish position and not be pushed off the block, and whether that will continue when he plays the ACC

I'll leave now

giphy.gif

Back