• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Whether it's 6'8, 215 Devonte Graham or 6'8, 240, Luke Maye or even 6'8, 215 Oshea Brissett or Wendell Carter, 6'8 vs. 6'5 is a physical mismatch at this level if both players can play.

My bad, you know everything and are never wrong.

The average “starting” 4 in the ACC (second largest player in top 6 of minutes played) is 6’7, 215.

Ahh yes, the mythical ACC 240lb Power Forwards.

The average largest rotation player on non-Wake ACC teams this year is 6-10.7, 240. The average second largest rotation player is 6-8.5, 225. Only Duke, Clemson, State, and ND have two rotation guys that are at least 240lb.

Wendell Carter Jr., Marques Bolden, and Yurtseven are the only guys in the ACC that really match up to Doral size wise.

I'll further clarify that I'm interested to see Doral play up to his size more consistently, which given your stats, could indicate he has some advantage. Love his improvement, but his 'real competition' awaits, for the most part, IMO. He's going to run into some more aggressive players; more experienced ones; more skilled, too.

I'm all for Doral having a banner year. He's off to a solid start. He's not been tested yet like he's fixin' to be.

I would like to see Doral stand up straight and get his chest out. To me, he looks like a kid that has always been a little embarrassed by his height so as he grew up he learned to hunch over. Be proud, be strong, pull back those shoulders, and stick that chest out. Embrace that height and make that height be what gets you a big NBA check.

I k ow it sounds silly, but I swear when I look at him that's what I see and get from the way he carries himself. And I'm not being critical. I think he just needs to be more proud of his frame and get more self confidence.

I'll further clarify that I'm interested to see Doral play up to his size more consistently, which given your stats, could indicate he has some advantage. Love his improvement, but his 'real competition' awaits, for the most part, IMO. He's going to run into some more aggressive players; more experienced ones; more skilled, too.

I'm all for Doral having a banner year. He's off to a solid start. He's not been tested yet like he's fixin' to be.

THATS WHAT WE SAID ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST

I would like to see Doral stand up straight and get his chest out. To me, he looks like a kid that has always been a little embarrassed by his height so as he grew up he learned to hunch over. Be proud, be strong, pull back those shoulders, and stick that chest out. Embrace that height and make that height be what gets you a big NBA check.

I k ow it sounds silly, but I swear when I look at him that's what I see and get from the way he carries himself. And I'm not being critical. I think he just needs to be more proud of his frame and get more self confidence.

Yeah, Manning mentioned Doral's a really nice kid off the court. From videos and such I get the impression that Doral was always a little soft spoken and never fully embraced his size as BMOC.

Yeah, Manning mentioned Doral's a really nice kid off the court. From videos and such I get the impression that Doral was always a little soft spoken and never fully embraced his size as BMOC.

A very BMOC

We need Moore(shots)!

To repeat a point I have made in an earlier post, a trend continues when comparing the field goal attempts/completions between Moore and Crawford.

After 11 games Moore is shooting 85% on 52 of 61 shots while Crawford is shooting 45% on 53 of 119 shots. Crawford has taken 58 more shots than Moore but has made only 1 more basket. Moore has missed only 9 shots and Crawford has missed 66 in the same number of games. These are amazing stats.

In no way am I being critical of Crawford's contributions this year. Again, as others have pointed out, the above stats indicate that Moore someway, somehow, needs to become a more integral part of the offense.

Last edited:
We need Moore(shots)!

To repeat a point I have made in an earlier post, a trend continues when comparing the field goal attempts/completions between Moore and Crawford.

After 11 games Moore is shooting 85% on 52 of 61 shots while Crawford is shooting 45% on 53 of 119 shots. Crawford has taken 58 more shots than Moore but has made only 1 more basket. Moore has missed only 11 shots and Crawford has missed 66 in the same number of games. These are amazing stats.

In no way am I being critical of Crawford's contributions this year. Again, as others have pointed out, the above stats indicate that Moore someway, somehow, needs to become a more integral part of the offense.

The amazing part about those stats is how great Crawford has played to get Doral that %.

Of course a PG (who is the team's leading scorer) is many more shots that a center who doesn't create his own shot.

All this being said, we should try to get Doral 7-12 shots/game.

I totally agree with your comments on how great Crawford has played this year and agree that he is overall our best player.

However, Moore could contribute more by Crawford and others getting him the ball on a more frequent basis. Moore cannot "create his own shot" without the ball.

Shake it off big man. Don’t beat yourself up over a free throw. Very good game against a top notch team. Hang in there and keep fighting and pushing forward big man. It has been great watching you develop and become a force.

They need to get it to Doral in the post as much to open up the perimeter as anything else.

Doral was not our problem today. 8 boards, 5 blocks, but with only 5 shots. yes 0-3 FTs sucks but it is tough to impact the game offensively with our guards all looking for their shot first. he and Saar are working better together. dont see Thompson continuing to add much although he does surprise with a 3. cant seem to finish around the rim though and not a good Ft shooter either at 56%.

It's ridiculous the number of times he got great position only to be ignored by a guard throwing up a contested 3. Often early on the shot clock.

Moore held his own against acc talent. That is a big testament to his hard work and bodes well for his future.

We’d rather have Childress chucking threes than feed Doral when he has great position.

Players are gonna play... until their coach sits them for their bs.

Back