• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Of course none of those bigs were had pro quality performances that year. At least I don't recall chatter here about imminent early departures that year.

People definitely talked about Thomas' pro prospects and rumors that Dinos was going to leave after his sophomore year. Manning barely gave Collins and Moore and chance to perform.

The game has changed, no doubt. But there's still room on NBA rosters for rim protectors. Compared to 20-30 years ago, NBA rosters are larger and two-way deals give teams a lot of flexibility to bring in lots of different skills. If teams are looking for a guy who can put a big body on some of the elite post scorers, block and alter shots by guards and wings in the paint, rebound and follow shots, and occasionally hit a hook or short jumper off a post up in 10-15 minutes a game, they'll take a lot at Moore.

They'll definitely take a look at him, but I can't imagine that he'll be able to step out and guard the pick-and-roll in the NBA. More than anything else, that's what's standing between him and a career, IMO. Unfortunately, for as much as he has improved (and I'm really impressed with Moore right now), I'm not sure how much more agile or quick laterally he can get. He wasn't particularly agile or quick when he was rail thin and not much has changed now that he has bulked up.

I'm also really not sure how his skill set will fit in Europe, though he hopefully will continue to improve his prospects in the off-season. Right now, Moore strikes me as the kind of guy who will have a really productive G-League career with a chance to stick on a roster every season, either via Summer League/training camp or through call-ups.

The "ouch" was adding Devin Thomas to the stat. It's not like it's any better to go 11-20 with one NBA big and three Euro bigs.

I'm sure you could find other Power V teams with a crappy record and a bunch of young players that later developed into moderate pro-players.

I'm sure you could find other Power V teams with a crappy record and a bunch of young players that later developed into moderate pro-players.

Sure. Wake aspires to be better than those programs.

People definitely talked about Thomas' pro prospects and rumors that Dinos was going to leave after his sophomore year. Manning barely gave Collins and Moore and chance to perform.

what happened towards the end of the year - did Thomas get suspended for two games? Moore started against BC, Collins started against ND, they both got decent run (20 minutes each) in those games and looked promising

then Thomas came back to start senior night; Collins got 15 mpg and Moore 15 minutes total over the last 3 games

Yeah, Devin got suspended for a couple games and Crab got kicked off the team.

I think Doral will float around the league for a bit.

Just think, if this happens, we had 2 NBA big's and a Euro pro on one team. Not a good look for the W/L record.

Two NBA bigs and Two Euro pro bigs on the 2015-16 team that went 11-20 (2-16).

Two months ago some posters were high on Crawford's pro prospects.

Two months ago some posters were high on Crawford's pro prospects.

I sent some PM's before the season started saying that Doral would make a leap this year and that there was/is legit shot he plays in the NBA.

I've been saying all along that Crawford wouldn't come back next season but that could be pro ball or whatever. I hope that I'm wrong, he comes back and leads a good tourney team next season. I still think he's checked out though.

I was high on Craw's pro prospects for this year pre-season but not now. I can't imagine he would leave school to play in Europe. Dinos was one of the top young Greek players and went home to play. Craw has no ties overseas. He won't get paid much if he leaves.

The only way I see him leaving is if he graduates and leaves that way. He's not going to transfer and sit out a year.

People need to lay off and hope he has a solid year next year. If we don't have him, it will be a tough year.

I was high on Craw's pro prospects for this year pre-season but not now. I can't imagine he would leave school to play in Europe. Dinos was one of the top young Greek players and went home to play. Craw has no ties overseas. He won't get paid much if he leaves.

The only way I see him leaving is if he graduates and leaves that way. He's not going to transfer and sit out a year.

People need to lay off and hope he has a solid year next year. If we don't have him, it will be a tough year.

:rolleyes:

NBA scouts are going to be looking at that 18/12 against Duke.

Moore was not allowed to play, by refs, after straight up blocking Bagley twice early, at Durham plus we got smoked.

Still, his numbers versus the #1 pick:

GP tiny sample:2
MPG: 21.5
FG%: 86.6% on 13/15 shooting.
PPG: 13.5
RPG: 9
BPG: 2

Also, I am starting to think our guards have flat out sucked for some time now. Just looking at the stellar start to this season, whch wrecked this season:

Childress and Wilbekin v. Ga. Southern 2/15 and add Craw 6/25 or 24% dismal
Childress and Wilbekin v. Liberty: 1/12 and add Craw 8/26 or 31% not real good
Childress and Wilbekin v. Drake: 7/11 is good, add Craw 8/19 or 42% give them credit here as pretty good

That trio also shot 11/37 from three or 29.7% which isn’t great.

Seems like we’d just keep pounding ball into Moore in those games, too as he shot like 80% from the floor.

personally think Chill has been better than Crawford this year overall. Seems to be better at getting into the lane, quicker/shiftier, better defender, 5% better 3 point shooting, <1% worse 2 point shooting. If he can grow and get better at decision making next year I think we'd be fine with him as starting PG.

personally think Chill has been better than Crawford this year overall. Seems to be better at getting into the lane, quicker/shiftier, better defender, 5% better 3 point shooting, <1% worse 2 point shooting. If he can grow and get better at decision making next year I think we'd be fine with him as starting PG.

Agreed.

1. NBA doesn't draft people as finished products, ever. It's all based on tools and potential. Doral has good hands, good size now and an amazing FG% including hooks and some baseline shots. Those are tools. He has some deficiencies but it depends on NBA scouts to say whether they think there is enough skills and athleticism there. It was clear he would be the most dominant player on the court for us on both ends from the first week or twoof the season this year. He's having a rapid rise and that is potential. I could see him playing in the league as backup center while working on his mid range.
2. Childress has been pretty good and Craw has been a let down for the most part. However, Childress dribbles way too much and Crawford is invaluable in his aggressiveness and FT shooting. Sometimes I cheer when DM substitutes Chlidress in for Craw though, which says a lot.

1. NBA doesn't draft people as finished products, ever. It's all based on tools and potential. Doral has good hands, good size now and an amazing FG% including hooks and some baseline shots. Those are tools. He has some deficiencies but it depends on NBA scouts to say whether they think there is enough skills and athleticism there. It was clear he would be the most dominant player on the court for us on both ends from the first week or twoof the season this year. He's having a rapid rise and that is potential. I could see him playing in the league as backup center while working on his mid range.

Who in the current NBA reminds you of Doral Moore?

Last edited:
Back