• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Doral finished tonite with 8 points and 12 rebounds........including a big, bad dunk and a free throw to seal the win.
I'm sure he was thrilled to beat FSU.

Bismarck or mahimi

Seeing this made me smile. Maybe if Doral had gone to Africa as tenth grader, he would have been drafted at a 19yo like Jason Kapono said something like, "I should have gone to Serbia, grown a beard and called myself Kaponovich. I might have been a lottery pick.

He is a little bit of Nerlens Noel. Rim protector. Rebounder. No offense outside 5 feet from the basket.

Sounds like Dwight Howard

Except that Moore doesn't have that muscle fluidity that compare to either one at this stage. There are exercise routines that focus on fast twitch muscle development and I think Moore needs to focus on that in the off season.

Yeah, off the top of my head, other than Shaq, has there been a better center than Dwight in the modern NBA era? Moore isn't in that stratosphere. Love the kid, though, and can't wait to see him dominate next year with additional strength, stamina, and confidence.

He is a little bit of Nerlens Noel. Rim protector. Rebounder. No offense outside 5 feet from the basket.
Nah

Nerlens is a ridiculous pogo stick athlete

Doral is a big stiff giant

Bump. Doral has been damn good for us this year and will be a big part of any kind of run we make next season. He's worked his ass off.

Bump. Doral has been damn good for us this year and will be a big part of any kind of run we make next season. He's worked his ass off.

Yes, I agree. And props to Manning for "coaching him up" in the last 12 months.

Neither Curry nor Brenda played good D. Doral is more like a less talented Tyson Chandler Deandre Jordan.

College Haywood is a great comp, I think. Though he played big minutes for 3 seasons and Moore will likely have only 2 seasons.

Haywood had much better defensive stats than Moore does (for example, Haywood led the ACC w/ 3.6 blocks per game his senior season, Doral is 6th this year at 2.0).

Moore is more athletic, but Haywood took up a lot of space.

I continue to think Doral would benefit from another year at the college level... Not just in terms of improving his game, but also improving his potential for playing professionally for a long time.

Back