• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Moore is the best player on this team.

Serious q - is it manning or really just the S&C coach? THat to me is the biggest difference w Doral.

Don’t know, we’ll have to see how Moore continues to progress, but JC last year and if Moore has a good year this year, Manning must be doing something right in that aspect. We just look so unprepared and lack fundamentals as a team under Danny though.

I think the dude who says Doral should shoot the ball every time is onto something. He's got 45% of our made buckets.

He's definitely not looking lost out there like he used to. Love that when he rebounds or pulls up for a tournaround shot the ball stays above his head. That's development.
He also used to get so out of position trying to block everything that he couldn't rebound.
Like last year with JC, we'll go as far this year as Doral can take us.

played very well tonight, I'm encouraged

lots of quality bigs on the schedule; we'll see how he does but he definitely looks to be in better shape than last year

He's definitely not looking lost out there like he used to. Love that when he rebounds or pulls up for a tournaround shot the ball stays above his head. That's development.
He also used to get so out of position trying to block everything that he couldn't rebound.
Like last year with JC, we'll go as far this year as Doral can take us.

Yep. His one miss was a quick good decision to take an open short jumper.

But zero free throws in 30+ minutes... And 1 offensive board.

Doral is definitely improving but he's stronger than he plays. We need the Moore/Sarr/Thompson group to snag around 20 boards so we're not -10 in shots/possessions every game.

Doral is definitely improving but he's stronger than he plays. We need the Moore/Sarr/Thompson group to snag around 20 boards so we're not -10 in shots/possessions every game.

It's klinda hard to get FTs if you only get the ball 3-6 times that aren't lobs. He needs to get the ball more. I'd like to see him get 8-11 shots per game.

It's klinda hard to get FTs if you only get the ball 3-6 times that aren't lobs. He needs to get the ball more. I'd like to see him get 8-11 shots per game.

For sure. There were so many times that our guards just didn't make an effort to throw a pass down in the block. Moore needs to learn to be a better post target but he's so long there are already plenty of easy passes to places only he can catch them.

Wake's guards need to learn that Doral can be a big target down low just like Collins was last year. Maybe there is still some learning curve there. Now that Crawford has his head back in the game, maybe we will see more passes to Moore.

The guards are bad at feeding him the ball. His positioning could use some work, but he's available and ignored often.

Back