• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Through the 1st 6 games:

7th on team in minutes
1st in rebounds
3rd in points.
Averaging 10 and 8 and not even playing 20 minutes a game so far.

I know he has foul issues (which I think would get better with more play), but we are a better team when he is on the court and his minutes need to be maximized. He is our only legitimate ACC post player at this time apparently.

Last edited:
Doral has improved leaps and bounds while our other key players seem to have regressed. We need Doral playing as many minutes as he can possibly handle

His progression from his frosh year is pretty linear. Last year he really regressed for some reason.

Anybody else feel like Doral is also playing against some sort of preconceived reputation with the officials? He gets called for fouls routinely that don't really look like fouls, and my only guess is that the refs know the scouting report on him from last year and are waiting for him to set a high ball screen and immediately call a foul. There were two fouls called against him last night that were just soft ass calls.

Anybody else feel like Doral is also playing against some sort of preconceived reputation with the officials? He gets called for fouls routinely that don't really look like fouls, and my only guess is that the refs know the scouting report on him from last year and are waiting for him to set a high ball screen and immediately call a foul. There were two fouls called against him last night that were just soft ass calls.
Probably because he's a gangly-ass, clumsy, seven-footer. Not because he's got a Devin Thomas attitude problem.

Probably because he's a gangly-ass, clumsy, seven-footer. Not because he's got a Devin Thomas attitude problem.

Didn't say he had an attitude problem, I said I've noticed he gets called for fouls that aren't really fouls. Seems like he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, ever.

Just joining a long list of Wake players going back to at least Darius Songalia.

A significant percentage of his fouls come in the pick and roll game both offensively and defensively. Seems like we have never been a good screening team and do not get good positioning when setting a screen. Defensively he tends to drift out one step to many and either gets called for a foul or is too far out of position to get back defensively. I do think he needs to get more touches on the offensive end and he got a couple of big rebounds last night that he would not of gotten last year and may not of gotten earlier this year. He is making progress and I think DM has done a nice job of helping him to improve his game. Very nice interview with Stan after the game and it was nice to hear him talk about working on the free throws and feeling good about hitting the ones in the second half.

And some of you fools thought SJM would be our guy this year. Baaahhahahahahahahaha

Didn't say he had an attitude problem, I said I've noticed he gets called for fouls that aren't really fouls. Seems like he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, ever.
I'm agreeing with you.

And some of you fools thought SJM would be our guy this year. Baaahhahahahahahahaha

I didn't think he was going to be great, but I thought he would be contributing a lot more. Call me a fool, but it's a long season & ya never know. I think he's in the doghouse for some reason.

Reminds me how Grobe would keep somebody in the doghouse for years it seemed...

SJM is incredibly raw. Somehow some people on here thought that Moore was uncoordinated for a 7 footer but actually he's quite coordinated

Last edited:

I highly doubt Doral Moore has any sort of reputation with officials.

I think that Doral could become a remarkably good center if Manning had him for 3 or 4 more seasons. He is not uncoordinated, but he is relatively inexperienced

Going to Monteverde really hurt Doral. Not getting to play much as a senior in HS and again as a frosh at Wake really slowed his progress.

I think he has played great all year. In my opinion the only really consistent bright spot. He alters shots when he is in the game. He got some really crappy calls in the opener that might have cost us that game and perhaps changed the trajectory of the season..

I wish Manning would play guys with fouls more. You have to maximize the minutes per foul and Manning has never done this.

Keep playing like you have been, Doral.

Doral has yet to prove he can play with fouls.

Doral has yet to prove he can play with fouls.

Well he can play with four fouls better than he can play sitting on the bench with four fouls.

Back