• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

we should have been much better than we were 15-16

Please quote the post, any post, where I exhibited any hatred toward Manning other than the exasperated and, yes, sarcastic post (#727) on the thread above, after several posts wherein I tried to point out that coming to a different conclusion about Manning's coaching ability is rooted in differential inference, not hatred which RJ quite often asserts...to which RJ responded with asking how I would feel if Manning won 22 games next year. That is a pretty bullshit response, so I responded with some sarcastic bullshit too. Thanks for the advice though, sorry you were unable to pick up on the sarcasm...but It seems like maybe you did and are complaining about it nonetheless.

Yes, post #727 is the post where you literally say, "I will still hate him [Manning] with a passion." I got the sarcasm, but it required consuming the to and fro above it, and that is a no-no when trying to be crystal clear on internet sarcasm. You can't assume that anyone is going to read a post in the context of what you posted above it unless it is possibly immediately in the direct post above it. Sorry, that's just a content clarity rule created by ... me.

If you write a novel, you can assume everyone on page 100 read the first 99 pages, but if are posting #727 post on a sports board with dozens of thread participants, you cannot assume everyone not only read posts #700-#726 but differentiated between posters (except for Big Head Todd).

Bird didn't just use sarcasm [though I would say that's obvious) he called back a line that is quickly becoming a meme since that accusation keeps getting thrown at people that feel we've seen all manning has to offer as a basketball coach.

And the line about "all people" is another obvious joke that is used often enough it could have a drum roll accompany it.

[Redacted] really did a number on us. No sense of humor left. Lack of ability to give and take a good natured ribbing.

F U ronnie. You smug, self righteous little little man.

Please quote the post, any post, where I exhibited any hatred toward Manning other than the exasperated and, yes, sarcastic post (#727) on the thread above, after several posts wherein I tried to point out that coming to a different conclusion about Manning's coaching ability is rooted in differential inference, not hatred which RJ quite often asserts...to which RJ responded with asking how I would feel if Manning won 22 games next year. That is a pretty bullshit response, so I responded with some sarcastic bullshit too. Thanks for the advice though, sorry you were unable to pick up on the sarcasm...but It seems like maybe you did and are complaining about it nonetheless.

Why is it a bullshit response?

I think you kinda know that if I want to say something, I say it.

OK, fair enough. No Sarcasm: I'd be pretty happy with 22 wins next year, especially if one or two of those wins was/were against duke and/or UNC. I'd say that would earn Danny an additional season and maybe more depending on how we do in the Dance. The nightmare scenario for me is that we win 18 or 19 games and get blown out in the first 4 again or go to the NIT. I think Danny needs to have a really good season and get to the round of 32 to keep his job.

Pretty bad luck for DM that we were in the first four as an eleven seed. One seed better or worse and nobody could have claimed we didn't make the "real" tournament field.

Pretty bad luck for DM that we were in the first four as an eleven seed. One seed better or worse and nobody could have claimed we didn't make the "real" tournament field.

1 seed worse and we wouldn't have made the tourney at all.

I did not claim that we did not make the "real" tournament, but I do assert that losing in the first 4 game was bad, and if that is pinnacle of achievement next year, I'll continue to be disappointed with Manning. I think he needs to get to a least the round of 32 in year 5 to earn my confidence that he has what it takes to be an ACC coach, whether that involves playing in the first 4 or not doesn't matter to me.

I did not claim that we did not make the "real" tournament, but I do assert that losing in the first 4 game was bad, and if that is pinnacle of achievement next year, I'll continue to be disappointed with Manning. I think he needs to get to a least the round of 32 in year 5 to earn my confidence that he has what it takes to be an ACC coach, whether that involves playing in the first 4 or not doesn't matter to me.

And I didn't say that you said this. But lots and lots of people have said exactly that.

Back