• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We should hire John Currie as our next AD

Currie fucked up the Tennessee job. I don't care how much wasn't his fault. K-State fans hate him and now Tennessee fans hate him. He may be good at building facilities, but we're in a good spot there. I don't want him anywhere near our athletic program.

If you say so, champ. Doesn’t sound like he was put in a position to succeed according to pretty much every legitimate news source out there. We’d be fortunate to have him at Wake.

I'd take Schiano as the AD. Or my dog. Or DR's current fling. Whatever. Just go, Ron.

Wellman isn't going anywhere. Currie would be a great hire if we were hiring.

I'm not getting the John Currie love...I mean he is the only AD ever (probably not, but not going to look it up) that fucked up a coaching search so bad that he got fired in the middle of the coaching search. And not the women's soccer coaching search, but the freakin football coach at an SEC school.

I'd prefer our next AD have not been within 1,000 miles of Ron Wellman nor even heard the name "Ron Wellman". Might also thin some of the minions from this board as well.

#freshstart

Wake is the only P5 job where you could make a seriously suspect hire like [Redacted], have it go even worse than people thought was possible, and survive to hire a new hoops and football coach. It is beyond my comprehension that Wellman is still employed by WFU.

Wake is the only P5 job where you could make a seriously suspect hire like [Redacted], have it go even worse than people thought was possible, and survive to hire a new hoops and football coach. It is beyond my comprehension that Wellman is still employed by WFU.

Well, to do that you'd have to have a school president who doesn't give two fucks about athletics..... wait, never mind.

Good point.

Currie will probably get a job with the Browns working for Haslam. They are tied at the hip, and Haslam owes him one for selling Currie out to protect his own turf within the UT ath dept.

This is so, so true. And no one even likes the guy.

I think everyone's talking about the wrong Currie (Curry).

Thought it was worth bringing this thread back given the recent news...

Love the hire. Super excited.

As someone who gives drew a lot of shit, I’m impressed that he called this one.

Back