• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We should hire John Currie as our next AD

I’ve said several times that reality or not, the perception is Currie botched this and he’ll be remembered that way.

Does anyone outside of Knoxville (or numbers) remember him this way? Does anyone outside of Kansas, Tennessee or North Carolina even know who he is? I don't think that perception but what I think is a very limited, and isolated, segment is going to influence basketball coaches that we are interested in hiring. His primary goal early is to find the best basketball coach possible. The most relevant prior experience is his hire at K State. That is what people will reference.
Matta isn't going to come in giddy as fuck to take over Wake and then shake Currie's hand and go, "Wait, are you that guy that fucked up the Schiano hiring? Barbara, get your coat."

I disagree with the concept that he fucked up the Schiano hiring. His superiors overruled him. Schiano would be winning now. But whatever moving forward.

Greg Schiano will go down as one of the most important guys in WF sports history. Let’s seize on this opportunity and get behind JC.

Does anyone outside of Knoxville (or numbers) remember him this way? Does anyone outside of Kansas, Tennessee or North Carolina even know who he is? I don't think that perception but what I think is a very limited, and isolated, segment is going to influence basketball coaches that we are interested in hiring. His primary goal early is to find the best basketball coach possible. The most relevant prior experience is his hire at K State. That is what people will reference.
Matta isn't going to come in giddy as fuck to take over Wake and then shake Currie's hand and go, "Wait, are you that guy that fucked up the Schiano hiring? Barbara, get your coat."

Check out twitter today for the perception on Currie. It’s still a good hire for us at this stage given what’s gone on with the AD overall but the only real reason anyone knows who he is outside of Kansas, Tennessee, and NC is because of the very public Tennessee football debacle.

I disagree with the concept that he fucked up the Schiano hiring. His superiors overruled him. Schiano would be winning now. But whatever moving forward.

Greg Schiano will go down as one of the most important guys in WF sports history. Let’s seize on this opportunity and get behind JC.

This is my take on it as well. The Schiano hire was great and the dude would have won for them, but their moron fans thought the could have/should have hired fucking Gruden. Glad he’s out of there and with us.

And Tennessee instead hired Jeremy fucking Pruitt. Tennessee football blows and is a thing of the past.

He also was going after Leach which probably would've worked out.

This does show DR's thinking -- especially his massive hard-on for anyone with Wake connections -- isn't anywhere near as far off from Wellman's and the AD's as he would have you believe

Yep. I can’t believe an SEC fanbase would ever congratulate itself for running off an AD and hiring Jeremy Pruitt.

Check out twitter today for the perception on Currie. It’s still a good hire for us at this stage given what’s gone on with the AD overall but the only real reason anyone knows who he is outside of Kansas, Tennessee, and NC is because of the very public Tennessee football debacle.

As a decently impartial person, I put the UT stuff completely on the morons around him at UT and Fulmer mucking it up. I don't see it as his fault at all. Happy for you guys to finally be #WellmanOut

And Tennessee instead hired Jeremy fucking Pruitt. Tennessee football blows and is a thing of the past.

Yup. The Vols' fanbase views on Dave Clawson should be enough of a reminder that what is a good hire and good fit for Wake doesn't match well with perceptions in TN

Yup. The Vols' fanbase views on Dave Clawson should be enough of a reminder that what is a good hire and good fit for Wake doesn't match well with perceptions in TN

I didn't follow on the UT shit show as it was happening. Only read a little about it on the boards when we hired Clawson. I remember my first (and only) reaction to the UT stuff when we hired Clawson was "Who gives a shit, UT is a fucked place and nothing like WFU." I feel the same about this hire.

Love how they are forcing Currie into pics with Wellman to diffuse his disaster. That’s fine, enjoy your pics Hatch. Shits about to get real.

Wellman should have hidden his keys.

Back