• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

I was the first to show up at the orange bowl and the gates were locked so we drove around for a while and when we got back we went in with TSY. Right in the middle of what turned out to be the boards tailgate. I have fond memories of throwing the football barefoot in the pouring rain with DF2009 and WFDeacon04 while everybody hid in their cars. I also took interviews with several local television stations where i talked mad shit about Louisville.

everybody was huddled under the canopy in the rain and TSY was manning the grills (3 grills if I remember correctly)

I was the first to show up at the orange bowl and the gates were locked so we drove around for a while and when we got back we went in with TSY. Right in the middle of what turned out to be the boards tailgate. I have fond memories of throwing the football barefoot in the pouring rain with DF2009 and WFDeacon04 while everybody hid in their cars. I also took interviews with several local television stations where i talked mad shit about Louisville.
everybody was huddled under the canopy in the rain and TSY was manning the grills (3 grills if I remember correctly)
Haha, funny these two comments are back to back. I think the interviewer was annoyed I stopped in the middle of the interview to drink my beer.

My how our grill has improved in the last decade. At some point my inebriation became too much to try and man 3 grill so a couple others helped out.
62a85edad7f1f8fa82c6e3c11c0f74cd.jpg
4090690c176a88ec5de55f45b06d8a57.jpg

Also the way parking is set up downtown now, it may be very difficult to pick a lot and ask everyone to show up like last time. Parking Panda and a few other sites seem to control most if not all of the parking lots around the stadium.

Completely unfamiliar with parking uptown by I checked the website and app for parking panda and Charlotte is not on there at all.

Any other sites to check/reserve parking?

Haha, funny these two comments are back to back. I think the interviewer was annoyed I stopped in the middle of the interview to drink my beer.

My how our grill has improved in the last decade. At some point my inebriation became too much to try and man 3 grill so a couple others helped out.
62a85edad7f1f8fa82c6e3c11c0f74cd.jpg
4090690c176a88ec5de55f45b06d8a57.jpg

I remember Magnolia making all those name tags & my wife did some grill duty late in the afternoon.

Completely unfamiliar with parking uptown by I checked the website and app for parking panda and Charlotte is not on there at all.

Any other sites to check/reserve parking?

I saw some parking for Belk Bowl on SpotHero app.

The web-site has finally put up some event info.

Official Wake Forest “Kick-Off” Party
Gather with fellow Wake Forest fans at Founders Hall for this signature event featuring Special Occasion Band and plenty of Deacon spirit! Ticket includes light hors d’oeuvres and non alcoholic drinks. There will be a full bar with alcohol available for purchase (credit/debit cards only).

December 28, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
Tickets are $15; Free for children 10 and under.

would you mind posting the link to the website you mentioned, please?

I was at that Orange Bowl tailgate for a bit. Didn't stay long, but the guy I chatted with the most was a nice older gent. Can't recall his old board name at the moment. Began with a "C" I think, which was the name of the town he was from maybe? C-----Deac. Really nice guy.

I was at that Orange Bowl tailgate for a bit. Didn't stay long, but the guy I chatted with the most was a nice older gent. Can't recall his old board name at the moment. Began with a "C" I think, which was the name of the town he was from maybe? C-----Deac. Really nice guy.
Chatting with OldDeac about graduating on the old campus was the highlight of my day.

I'll share a similar story that my dad loves telling to anyone who will listen.

Juniors at the time, my buddies and I were staying at a friend's place in Orlando. Day of the game everyone is hyped up and we all pack into the SUV for a pre-pregame ride to the Orange Bowl. This is the golden age of TomTom navigation and someone plugs in "Orange Bowl".

We showed up to the orange bowl stadium in little Havana, greeted by an empty parking lot. Our initial excitement over prime parking was quickly snuffed out as the realization we went to the wrong stadium set in.

Showed up to the tailgate way late and had terrible parking, but a fucking great time.

Back