• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

A buddy with connections to the Belk Bowl gave me some skinny on why Wake is popular for this bowl vs NC State. It seems the fair citizens of Charlotte are impressed with "the spend" outside the Stadium and the game by the Wake faithful. I guess filling up the hotels and restaurants in Charlotte trumps having to get home and feed the chickens.

May have been mentioned previously on a page I didn't view, but I hope A&M brings their full marching band. They are out of this world.

I urge all Wake fans to make a point t to see them whenever they perform as they are simply not to be believed. Went to see Johnny football in his soon year with a good friend from Wake and we were more impressed with the marching band than the play on the field. Trust me, you won't be disappointed

I'll share a similar story that my dad loves telling to anyone who will listen.

Juniors at the time, my buddies and I were staying at a friend's place in Orlando. Day of the game everyone is hyped up and we all pack into the SUV for a pre-pregame ride to the Orange Bowl. This is the golden age of TomTom navigation and someone plugs in "Orange Bowl".

We showed up to the orange bowl stadium in little Havana, greeted by an empty parking lot. Our initial excitement over prime parking was quickly snuffed out as the realization we went to the wrong stadium set in.

Showed up to the tailgate way late and had terrible parking, but a fucking great time.

That story is great but I have to apologize because this came to mind:

zksh75.jpg

Finally got tickets. Looking forward to getting hella drunk and trying to get a pic with Hatch again.

whuaRld.jpg

Anybody watch ESPN's bowl mania show yesterday? It was on from 8pm until 11pm and they were previewing all 40 bowl games and the guys on there were giving their confidence points for the winner of each game from 1 to 40. 1 being least confident, 40 most confident. Anyway, I kept flipping back to it and never caught our game and just wondering where we ended up. Gene Chizik was on there, so I'm sure he put a lot of confidence points on A&M.

Anybody watch ESPN's bowl mania show yesterday? It was on from 8pm until 11pm and they were previewing all 40 bowl games and the guys on there were giving their confidence points for the winner of each game from 1 to 40. 1 being least confident, 40 most confident. Anyway, I kept flipping back to it and never caught our game and just wondering where we ended up. Gene Chizik was on there, so I'm sure he put a lot of confidence points on A&M.

They talked about our game for 30 seconds of the 2.5 hour show. We were the #5 confidence because they don't think TAMU cares about being there. Nothing to do with us being good at all.

They talked about our game for 30 seconds of the 2.5 hour show. We were the #5 confidence because they don't think TAMU cares about being there. Nothing to do with us being good at all.

So, they are picking us to win or picking A&M, but just not confident about it?

Anyone watch Clawson's December 8th press conference? Apparently Jimbo's already running his big mouth and claimed A&M will "kick their asses".

Clawson referenced it and tried to laugh it off but you could tell he was really pissed. Might give the Deacs some extra motivation come game time.

Back